My New Etsy Shop!

3 hours ago, MikeUK said:

And here I was thinking it was so very modern!

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I think she was referring to the quality, not the age!

Exactly! And there's nothing wrong with being included in a museum of modern art, eh?

19 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I think she was referring to the quality, not the age!

I know!............................I think my odd English sense of humour gets lost in translation sometimes!

Advice Needed!

I keep getting enquiries......a few anyway....... on the revolving doors I did for the Department Store. They are easy enough to make but I'm concerned about the description.........there are quite a few critical measurements required on the part of the customer!.........Any  thoughts? I've searched the Earth and there seems nothing to base anything on!

RevD01.jpg

RevD02.jpg

RevD03.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gayle said:

Mike, I looked for you on Facebook.  There are 3 Michael Adamsons but all are in the US

:dunno:

Ha! I did go on Facebook for a short while.........a very short while.........In fact from recollection it must be about the twentieth short while. It always feels like being dropped right into the middle of a Chinese fish market just after the boats came in!..............I haven't got a clue whats going on! There are people shouting from all sides and Mark Zuckerberg keeps asking me what my favourite film is!

I used to pride myself on my prowess when it came to computers......I remember a million years ago in the 1980's getting my first IBM with the very first edition of Corel Draw.......(A real advance on chalk and slate)........I mastered both in time but Social Media confounds! My son Squawkes / Warbles / Twitters away for hours quite happily whilst I labour over a line  of email!

1 hour ago, MikeUK said:

Advice Needed!

I keep getting enquiries......a few anyway....... on the revolving doors I did for the Department Store. They are easy enough to make but I'm concerned about the description.........there are quite a few critical measurements required on the part of the customer!.........Any  thoughts? I've searched the Earth and there seems nothing to base anything on!

RevD01.jpg

RevD02.jpg

RevD03.jpg

As I recall, as you were first building them you had posted a detailed description of how you made them. Did you delete that description or just hide it?  Too bad if it was deleted, it was very informative.

29 minutes ago, Sable said:

As I recall, as you were first building them you had posted a detailed description of how you made them. Did you delete that description or just hide it?  Too bad if it was deleted, it was very informative.

The description isn't there but the process in pictures are and pretty straight forward to follow.

Well, in dollhouse world, a door opening is 3". So the diameter of a revolving door should be 6". It seems easy enough. You'd make 2 disks 6" in diameter, then 4 doors 3" wide. On the disks you'd draw lines splitting them in half twice 45° apart and place your doors on the lines between the two disks. Easy peasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to tell you!

Here in the UK an awful lot people have 'Bees in their Bonnets' about loosing so many of our once thriving industries to China.......seems similar for you too.

So guess who's Exporting to the Peoples Republic?.................Me, just shipped my first two orders to China.......One in the Capital and one on the coast!

Soon I'll be Tai-pan!...........or maybe just 'Tiny Tai-pan'

6 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

Just had to tell you!

Here in the UK an awful lot people have 'Bees in their Bonnets' about loosing so many of our once thriving industries to China.......seems similar for you too.

So guess who's Exporting to the Peoples Republic?.................Me, just shipped my first two orders to China.......One in the Capital and one on the coast!

Soon I'll be Tai-pan!...........or maybe just 'Tiny Tai-pan'

Wow! You're reversing the loss by selling the products of a home (mini) industry to China. Keep up the good work! :D 

Ummm ... maybe I'm too cynical, but let's hope your items weren't ordered to become prototypes of shoddier versions that we'll soon see on eBay.

24 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Wow! You're reversing the loss by selling the products of a home (mini) industry to China. Keep up the good work! :D 

Ummm ... maybe I'm too cynical, but let's hope your items weren't ordered to become prototypes of shoddier versions that we'll soon see on eBay.

If they do I'll start selling 1/12th pagodas!............now there's a thought!

Lovely, MIke! Your cabinetry is always top notch, and the little houses are precious. I like the added touch of all of the wood bits ready for more building or repair. 

• Like 1