My New Etsy Shop!

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Lovely, MIke! Your cabinetry is always top notch, and the little houses are precious. I like the added touch of all of the wood bits ready for more building or repair. 

Thanks Kathie......They are all going to live in sunny California...............lucky bits!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

All those itty clamps and tools are blowing me away!  Mike, I'm wishing you the happiest of New Years, filled with healing and joy.

Thanks Holly......my one claim to the 'white metal' tools is I painted em!.........I got plenty of joy and I'll keep taking the potion for the rest!

Yesterday I posted a picture of a 'new' order bound for California............what I overlooked was that at the time of posting I was asleep!............or at least my brain was because the photograph in question was an old one!

So..........now that I'm wide awake..........It is Tuesday isn't it?

WShop1s.jpg

3 minutes ago, KathieB said:

It's Tuesday someplace, Mike. I like the components in this photo more than the first one. Lucky the recipient of this package. :) 

So did the horrified Californian who got in touch with me this morning to tell me I'd done the wrong stuff!.........phew!

Just checked Kathie...........it's been Tuesday all day!

8 minutes ago, KathieB said:

It's Tuesday someplace, Mike. I like the components in this photo more than the first one. Lucky the recipient of this package. :) 

If I had brains I'd be a threat to society!

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't 'turned up my toes' and gone grape picking in paradise (They do, do that don't they?) Instead I've been learning just how hard the fairer sex works and I have to say I'm glad I'm just an ordinary bloke!

Since Christmas my wife has been ill and I've been trying.......and not always successfully........to do the things she has always made look easy! I'm happy to say she is now much better!..............................How do you all do it.......and build amazing houses too.

I received this order before Christmas and it's going out on Monday.............Then I'm going to book myself on the next 'Housekeeping for Dummies' course!

ASP5.jpg

I'll bet you've done a fabulous job. You are a wonderful husband to pick up the jobs on her behalf. 

So glad to hear your wife is on the mend. Bet she'll be glad to be back on the job as son as she can. We females are weird like that. We love to do things "our" way.

I don't know what germ you guys in England are passing around. My sister in Wargrave and her husband have been frightfully ill. It's taking all that she has to climb out of bed. I certainly hope you don't get it, Mike.

9 hours ago, Selkie said:

I'll bet you've done a fabulous job. You are a wonderful husband to pick up the jobs on her behalf. 

So glad to hear your wife is on the mend. Bet she'll be glad to be back on the job as son as she can. We females are weird like that. We love to do things "our" way.

I'd just love to bask in the glory of being thought of as a wonderful husband Selkie but alas I bear a closer resemblance to those reluctant men who populated our early wooden navy........pressed ganged by my own need for food and clean.........although badly ironed clothes!...........By the time Rosemary was showing signs that being ill was not going to be the best way to read her newChristmas library our dog Alfie had taken to wearing ear plugs on a permanent basis..............boy I could moan for England!

If I don't see that vacuum cleaner thing for another year it will be too soon!

9 hours ago, Sable said:

I don't know what germ you guys in England are passing around. My sister in Wargrave and her husband have been frightfully ill. It's taking all that she has to climb out of bed. I certainly hope you don't get it, Mike.

So that's it!..........There I was a week before the festivities..........passing through Wargrave, minding my own business, thinking of Santa and breathing in the fresh country air when all the time!.............

Hope both your Sister and your Sister's Husband have recovered Sable.........fortunately for me I spend so much time expelling air whining that the germs have no time to get in!

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Whoever is receiving this order is getting a jewel!  As for how easy we make it look, most of us at your age have been at it a while.

I'd need to reach Methuselahs age before that Holly..............I'll stick to glue! I know where I'm at with glue.

The one thing I hate / fear when doing these pieces is packing them for an Atlantic journey.........from the time I put them in the hands of our rosy cheeked Post Lady to the time the recipient sends me a mail to say 'You forgot..............! I have nightmares about my fragile parcels fighting for survival in the bowels of a big red DHL airplane!

Mike, we do house cleaning while waiting for glue and paint to dry.  Shh, it's a secret.  I just tell people they can visit with my dust but they aren't allowed to write their name in it. LOL

Whoever is getting the shipment in California is getting a priceless treasure.  Your work is awesome!

Don't worry too much about that vacuum cleaner thingy.  I'm not fond of mine either but will use it when necessary. 

The 8th art set......good to be able to get back to work again.

I had an enquiry this morning for a 'Murphy Bed'...........Just say yes I thought and find out what it is later..........It's a wall bed! but you all, already knew that!

ArtSet1s.jpg

ArtSet1s.jpg

6 hours ago, MikeUK said:

...I had an enquiry this morning for a 'Murphy Bed'...........Just say yes I thought and find out what it is later..........It's a wall bed! but you all, already knew that!

I've made murphy beds (in cupboards, actually the USD$1 Michael's hutches).  Here's one open:

the finished interior:  the attic bedroom

and another one closed (the big green box upstairs):

the bar, right wall

• 2 weeks later...

My take on a 'Danish' style bed in 1/12th scale............Made in Walnut with Basswood slats.

If there is any call then I'm happy to do 1/24th or 1/16th or even 1/6th (but shipping 1/6th might not be economical)

DanishBed1s.jpg

DanishBed2s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2017, 21:52:10, havanaholly said:

I wish I had had a unit like that red one in one of my previous 1:1 houses!

Finished the opposite side today Holly...........still bits to do / alter but it fills the space.

Mod098s.jpg