My New Etsy Shop!

370 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Sable said:

This group is just as good at staging our photos as it is building our builds. I love how we take the time to set up for our photos.  Very creative setting you have there, Mike.

Thanks Sable.......all part of the fun!

If I didn't wish you all the best with what is happening in your life at the moment then all the best!........If I did already then all the best again! xx

8 hours ago, MikeUK said:

Thanks Sable.......all part of the fun!

If I didn't wish you all the best with what is happening in your life at the moment then all the best!........If I did already then all the best again! xx

Thanks Mike, I've just been wallowing in self pity. I've had this nose for 62 years. Was kind of attached to it. As it turns out this is a very common thing here in Florida so I've accepted it. It's just that the process is so long. But according to everyone, my new nose will be just lovely with hardly any noticeable scarring. So I'll be just fine. 

I have to get chunks cut out of my forearms from time to time, same problem.

I'd almost forgotten I was on Etsy.......until the bill showed up so it's time to re-stock.

I almost finished my current project yesterday so these bit are ready to go!

I'll post them initially as 2 sets but they are easily broken down as custom orders!

ArtShop01s.jpg

ArtShop02s.jpg

Studio01s.jpg

Studio02s.jpg

1 person likes this

I love the coffee cup on the artist's stand. Hope he doesn't get it mixed up with the brush cleaner:giggle:

I am totally blown away by the wee boxes of pastels and watercolor paints!

35 minutes ago, chapchap73 said:

I love the coffee cup on the artist's stand. Hope he doesn't get it mixed up with the brush cleaner:giggle:

Thanks Sarah.......The guy's got a taste for raw umber and goes wild for burnt sienna!

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I am totally blown away by the wee boxes of pastels and watercolor paints!

Thanks Holly........Watercolour paints are coloured by marker pen and punched out with a small 'Hollow Punch'........The set of hollow punches I have are a real useful tool and pretty cheap too!

Pastels are coloured and cut down 'Tobacco Rolling Mats' from Amazon.........easy to separate, take colour well and very, very slender.........bit like me really!!

I continue to be astounded by what all you make!!  It is amazing.   I keep drooling.....

4 hours ago, MikeUK said:

... Pastels are coloured and cut down 'Tobacco Rolling Mats' from Amazon.........easy to separate, take colour well and very, very slender ...

Since I'm not up on "rolling" and I can't tell from the picture on Amazon, are these a similar dimension to a sushi mat or significantly thinner?

What type of markers are you using for the watercolor, pastels, and such?

btw, raw sienna is pretty darn great too!! :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Since I'm not up on "rolling" and I can't tell from the picture on Amazon, are these a similar dimension to a sushi mat or significantly thinner?

What type of markers are you using for the watercolor, pastels, and such?

btw, raw sienna is pretty darn great too!! :rolleyes:

I didn't picture you as a 'roll up' gal!........the mats I use are much thinner than the sushi mats and measure 5" x 5"

I get them from https://www.amazon.co.uk/NATURAL-BAMBOO-CIGARETTE-ROLLING-MATS/dp/9552182778 

I colour them with alcohol based pens.........which saves me pouring drinks but leaves you with 'rainbow' lips!.........however when I use them in conjunction with miniatures I get them from http://www.winsornewton.com/uk/shop/graphic-markers/promarker.........wonderful double ended (fine and broad) and actually unlike some alcohol based pens they don't give you that awful headache! they really don't taste too good though.

1 hour ago, jbresr said:

I continue to be astounded by what all you make!!  It is amazing.   I keep drooling.....

Thanks Donna!

20 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

I didn't picture you as a 'roll up' gal!.....

.... unlike some alcohol based pens they don't give you that awful headache! they really don't taste too good though.

Yup! You got that right!!! What with all my lung issues, I'll be having nothing remotely smoke related around me!!

But say, might an evenings worth of "coloring"  still give the hangover headache though? Perhaps a teensy sugar cube for the palate?

Sorry, I"m a bit punchy today.

If anyone was looking on my Etsy shop for the above items (Art Shop Set and Studio Set).........don't! I've withdrawn them for the moment. I've decided to try selling the whole house and contents on Ebay.............I'll get a lot less but I've spotted a new project that I can't move on until I free up the space..........I will also be putting my 'Modular House' and contents on Ebay..............The boys gone bonkers!

Bonkers? Not really. Thinking ahead? Yes! Glad to see you plotting and planning. :) 

how exciting!! Good luck and remember... its all about the tags!

12% Off..........Spring has sprung and I'm feeling rather silly...........To take full advantage of this temporary aberration rush into my shop with the following 'Coupon Code' clutched in tightly in your hand but remember it will turn back into a pumpkin after June 20th 2017!

THEBOYSGONEBONKERS

It is with much regret that I must announce that as of today I have decided to close the shop. Since the start of this year there has been almost zero trade.

Sorry to hear that, Mike. The mini world will be poorer for the loss, but you can't be expected to continue in the face of next to no orders. Thank you for sharing what you do with us. 

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Sorry to hear that, Mike. The mini world will be poorer for the loss, but you can't be expected to continue in the face of next to no orders. Thank you for sharing what you do with us. 

I must have lost it Kathie!.........Etsy was fine up until March and then it just vanished!.........I'll give it a couple of months and maybe give it another go.

I will still respond to email enquiries though and still make stuff............I just won't be paying for the space that's doing nothing right now.

1 person likes this