My New Etsy Shop!

OK Mike, I have picked out the house to build.  Hopefully I will have it in my silly little hands this weekend and will get measurements out to you and spend kids inheritance-and hubbys too!!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Well at last I got my new machine working......I'm loving it! 

I'll say it's working ... overtime! Mike, these are all spectacular, and that's not a word I throw around lightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I always the last one to find out about stuff???? Sheesh!

Mike, I love your work! Have you considered making kitchen cabinets that open? The reason I'm asking is because I would love to have cabinets with a glass/plastic insert so you can see inside, but that would mean being able to open them to put stuff inside.

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Why am I always the last one to find out about stuff???? Sheesh!

Mike, I love your work! Have you considered making kitchen cabinets that open? The reason I'm asking is because I would love to have cabinets with a glass/plastic insert so you can see inside, but that would mean being able to open them to put stuff inside.

You could also fill the cabinets from the back and then put the back panel in place with tacky wax or something similar.

We are retired too, but right now helping out the kids with babysitting.  My son at 30 met his wife, got married and had a baby (our 5th grandchild),  all in 18 months or so.  They were both "free spirits" that have had to learn to be grownups pretty fast.  They are struggling financially but are great parents.  They do miss their music festivals though.  

So my hobbies are on the weekends or in the evenings when a 13 month old and her 4 yr pld cousin haven't run me ragged.  

Trying to get a pic in my profile, have to reduce the size.

22 hours ago, mikeuk said:

I need opinions!.........Not That Sort!

I've been playing around with acrylics for a while but I'm still not sure!.......All these paintings are around 60mm square..........Do I 'give up my day job'! or just go back to cardboard cabinets?

LS001s.jpg

LS002s.jpg

LSG001s.jpg

Mike

Absolutely stunning!  I will need some of these for my house.  Yes I have decided which house to get!!  Now just gotta pay for it.....might be a few days because we just paid out bucko bucko bucks on getting our truck up and running (Oh I am so mad about this truck that I do not like it at all, but thats another story for another day).and Im told robbing a bank is not the way to go!!!!!

16 minutes ago, jbresr said:

Im told robbing a bank is not the way to go!!!!!

A little Way off topic, but back in the day we owned a red Alfa Romeo Spider. I often thought that it would be the perfect getaway car for robbing gas stations. 

Victim on phone to police: "We've been robbed! She's getting away in an Alfa Romeo Spider, bright red!"

Police to victim: "Robbers don't drive Alfas. Get off this phone or we'll come arrest you for making a false report!"

Okay, turning thread back to Mike's Etsy Shop and the wonderfulness he's making to fill it. :D 

Macchina.jpg

• Like 1

I notice we don't get nearly so many close calls since swapping the PT Cruiser for a Ford Explorer!

Mike, your paintings are gorgeous! I especially like how wet the water looks.

Love your paintings, Mike.

When I'm too old to take care of myself and am facing living on the street because I can't afford a nursing home, I'm going to rob a bank. Then I hope to be put away for the rest of my natural life. Think about it. I'll have food, shelter, medical care, and maybe even sex! And I've heard so much about inmates being able to complete college in prison, just think! I might be able to finally go back to college! Too bad the manager at the last bank I worked at will be retired by then. She was a monster. I'd be happy to go back there and scare the daylights out of her. That would be a bonus. LOL

I better stop now before I find myself actually looking forward to that.:cops:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just to let you know I've decided to close the Etsy shop......Aside from the first incredible week there has been almost no interest. My thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread.....it is very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Hi all, Just to let you know I've decided to close the Etsy shop......Aside from the first incredible week there has been almost no interest. My thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread.....it is very much appreciated.

Awww Mike.  I am sad to hear this.  When I start the house I am going to keep, I know there are things you would have had for that house.  I need to get an email out to you.