My New Etsy Shop!

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I'm still trying to figure out what you were quoting me & what you were going to say about it.

I wasn't Holly.....Each time I tried to enter a post the box with your previously answered post came up......in the end I just hit the 'Confuse Holly' button!

After a late night visit from the 'Colour Police' regarding the dubious colour of my bar. I agreed to change it to a neutral 'Stone' colour...........Needless to say they took the offending 'Green' away for forensic testing!

GrnBar01rs.jpg

GrnBar02rs.jpg

Who you trying to kid, Mike? Holly has never been caught speechless ... :D 

A bouquet for Rosemary. :flowers:   I wasn't too keen on the green, either.

Edit: Ignore the first sentence. Glad you got that post sorted.

5 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Thanks both of you..........shame I've just completely lost what little colour sense I might have had!!!........why oh why.....how on earth did I choose 'Puke Green' to paint anything with?..........I need medication quick!

:hmm: Might be the meds caused the color kerfuffle. Your discharge instructions apparently covered several vital points but neglected to warn against questionable color choices while still under the influence. 

3 hours ago, mikeuk said:

I wasn't Holly.....Each time I tried to enter a post the box with your previously answered post came up......in the end I just hit the 'Confuse Holly' button!

You certainly succeeded!  I was afraid I'd posted something offensive!

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

:hmm: Might be the meds caused the color kerfuffle. Your discharge instructions apparently covered several vital points but neglected to warn against questionable color choices while still under the influence. 

Good point!  Something all of us need to be aware of, when we're taking Rx meds

Boy, I sure feel for people who have take a large amount of meds. When I came home after my aneurysm, I had 2 (horse) pills that I had to take every 4 hours for 3 straight weeks (We needed a huge bag just for all the boxes!). That was in addition to all the other pills. I think I was lucky I didn't mess them up. Or maybe I did and that's why I'm so weird. But I don't think I could have dealt with that for more than 3 weeks.

Although meds can also be a gateway to creativity, too. Just look at all the great music we got out of the 60s when people were dropping LSD. Not that I'm advocating you or anyone else take LSD, Mike. But maybe you should embrace your med-induced creativity and see what happens. As long as you don't use any power tools......

And by the way, I didn't think that was a bad color of green. At least not on my monitor.

• Like 1

On 1 September 2016 at 12:19:02, KathieB said:

These discharge instructions are wonderful.......In addition to the aforementioned I seems I will also be able the dance!.........Who would have thought that having a couple of stents put in would give you the ability to do all these things!.............now I need to find my 'Ginger'!

On 1 September 2016 at 15:07:56, havanaholly said:

You certainly succeeded!  I was afraid I'd posted something offensive!

Good point!  Something all of us need to be aware of, when we're taking Rx meds

I'm going back for more Holly........Might be able to sing too......although I already do that!

15 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Boy, I sure feel for people who have take a large amount of meds. When I came home after my aneurysm, I had 2 (horse) pills that I had to take every 4 hours for 3 straight weeks (We needed a huge bag just for all the boxes!). That was in addition to all the other pills. I think I was lucky I didn't mess them up. Or maybe I did and that's why I'm so weird. But I don't think I could have dealt with that for more than 3 weeks.

Although meds can also be a gateway to creativity, too. Just look at all the great music we got out of the 60s when people were dropping LSD. Not that I'm advocating you or anyone else take LSD, Mike. But maybe you should embrace your med-induced creativity and see what happens. As long as you don't use any power tools......

And by the way, I didn't think that was a bad color of green. At least not on my monitor.

Can you dance Kelly?..............Talking of power tools.......I've been on my saw all day starting a new project.

my Doctor has diagnosed 'Etsyitis' apparently the only know cure is to start a new project.....so I did!

1 hour ago, vbharrington said:

I've added a new "favorite shop"!!!  I am in awe.  I wish I could afford all of the kitchens! 

Thank you Vickie..........Of everything I think I like kitchens come out tops for me!.........shhhhh don't tell Rosemary she's waiting for a 'big' one!

12 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Can you dance Kelly?..............Talking of power tools.......I've been on my saw all day starting a new project.

my Doctor has diagnosed 'Etsyitis' apparently the only know cure is to start a new project.....so I did!

I cannot dance. I used to jump up and down and swing my hair around. But I can't jump anymore and if I swung anything today I could give myself a black eye, so I don't do that either.

You're using power tools? Oh, Lord deliver us.........I find myself praying for you (hmmm, maybe I should be praying for Rosemary). And the really scary part is, I'm not even religious!

Hi All, Just a quick note to let you know that if you look at the shop you may notice that I have withdrawn the 'Custom Order' service.........perhaps a silly thing to do but custom orders seem to be a 'minefield of ambiguities' and I have this phobia about jumping on mines!

If any of you (Members and Friends) want a special order then of course I'll do it with pleasure and to hell with the explosives!...................now where did I put that hat!

On 8 September 2016 at 11:34:38, KathieB said:

I know what you mean. I have a few scars from that minefield of ambiguities from a previous life, when I did custom stained glass work.

It was a 'colour' problem that sparked it Kathie............'which one of the million reds is your red'?............I used to live by the 'Pantone Colur System' but it's not so popular now and getting the same colour on different computer monitors is like playing darts!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I never trust the colors on my monitor.

I have two screens -- my laptop and a 2nd monitor. I've fine tuned the color/brightness adjustments until I'm crossed-eyed, but still they don't match. 

Mike, I still have fond memories of the Pantone Color System. It's about as useful as a dial telephone now.

A new bar and stools waiting for a rear counter before shipping.

You all probably know this but don't breath in Ethanol!.........I felt ill the rest of the day and work up next morning with a hangover!

S107s.jpg

S108s.jpg

11 hours ago, Sable said:

Sounds like my Xylene warning "to only use it outside".

Yes that's what it said on my tin too......I really must get into the habit of reading the instructions before use rather than after!