Manchester House Windows too low

1st post on the forum.   Why are the windows so low?  Kitchen cabinets are higher than the bottom of the window.  How do you experts deal with the problem?

I did a template of the layout of the kitchen,. Cut another window on the side over where the sink would be.  That's when I realized they were too low.  This is only my 2nd house and I did not furnish the first one.  Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with your house but if you haven't completed the exterior you could put some scrap wood in the existing window opening and either shorten the window or purchase smaller ones. 

My sister's real life 1912 house in England has this problem. She put her sink in front of the window and they built an herb garden into the lower section of the window with drainage. It actually came out great. 

Sheri, post an intro in the Newcomers' Forum when you have a minute.  I'm not familiar with the Manchester, either.  Is it one of the later MDF kits, or is it an older kit made by building the wall sections with tongu & groove milled plywood?  Either way I would do as Sable suggests and build up the bottom of your window opening and then mke the windows shorter or else find smller windows to replace them.

The Manchester is a beautiful house, you are lucky to have it!

One of the things I love about that house is the almost floor to ceiling windows. If it was mine, I would do the cabinets and sink on the inside walls, and put the table in front of the windows.

For those who haven't seen the Manchester, here's a photo I grabbed off of EBay:

$_1.JPG