I swear, I have a big problem!

Cheryl, welcome to the mini-world. When I started i had in mind build only one dollhouse, decorated have fun with it and.....that's what I thought, little I knew that I was going to have in less than 4 years, over a dozen houses built and sold for lack of room to keep them, more than 30 kits under all the beds of my house, boxes of miniature furniture, accessories, building material, books, magazines, dolls....and little i knew either that I was going to expend hours and hours online looking and looking at everything that comes to my screen that is mini. So, yes, i know what you are going trough; NO, you are not a maniac, nor are you crazy, you are just finding out the beauty of the miniatures world, and how much you are in love with it. I feel sooo good when I think of working on any dollhouse, the fact that I am healthy enough and that I have what I need to do it, even when I get bad news, makes me feel happy and ready to deal with anything. I am so gald I found this. 

Now, I am on the phase of been more selective of what I want, I am not buying everything I see that I like. I realized that I can't get any more kits (will not have time to building on my lifetime), in fact I have to let somebody else try to build some of them. I know more of my limits of what I can accomplish, and I waste less time and $ on things that I know I will not be able to make good (no more mat board furniture, jijiji!). Is good to have the mini fever!:doctor:

• Like 5

You sound like you have an awesome life, filled with mini joy!! We must carry on hey? I worry that I wont live long enough to get all the minis and dollhouses made! At least we are not feeling sorry for ourselves or bugging others for attention haha  just the opposite. :happydance: When someone says they are "Bored" I just dont get it !! :dunno:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Debora59 said:

Your getting inspiration if nothing else right? Time you've  enjoyed is never wasted.

So true! :) 

My husband calls it "inspiration shopping." Works for me :ohyeah:

• Like 2

I don't care that I have more kits than I can finish in this lifetime. It just means I'll still be cheerfully crafting mini wonders when I drawing my last breath. :) 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MLI Designs said:

Yeah, I have this problem too, but not that many house. I have one kit, and one vintage house, plus two room boxes. 

I just can't seem to contain the mess

You're fairly new at this, Michele.

• Like 2

I've been at this for 16 months and I am finishing my Beacon Hill, working on a castle and have 3 kits to be built.

And I still have plans for one more.

I don't think I would like working on a house without at least one in reserve.  

• Like 1

I have several kits waiting for me and I get inspiration all the time on Pinterest (it's like miniatures spawn side addictions!). Like Kathie says, I will hopefully be working on my houses until the end... Actually, you can justify the extra kits because you never know when a certain idea is going to take hold and you have to have a kit ready to create that vision. 

• Like 2

As far as containing the mess...the struggle is real! I was reading a story about Rosie O'Donell awhile back...apparently she's really into crafty things, making dolls,painting etc..she bought another house in the same neighborhood as her main house just for crafting so she wouldn't have to worry about making a mess. Wouldn't that be a nice solution lol. 

I like having kits on hand in different styles just in case inspiration strikes but I know I have bought too many and am also becoming much more discriminating about what I buy and bring into my life. That comes from having to move it all on average about once every 3 years. I've moved twice in the past 3 years. Ugh. 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2016, 11:58:21, mininecessities said:

What is wrong with me? I have spent half the day today looking at dollhouses on ebay! this is crazy, I haven't finished Garfield and I have 5 houses in boxes! 

You're in great company on this forum and there's nothing wrong with you that acquiring a new kit (or three) won't fix! :)

When I start window shopping for new kits / shells, I prefer to think of it as "research" and "inspiration" and when I find myself adding a new kit to my stash, I tell my DH that I'm planning for retirement :)

• Like 1

I have a couple kits stashed under the sofa, two kits put together (sort of) sitting on the bookcases, and a huge house that takes up one whole wall of my bedroom. And I still look at other houses and make plans to buy them. Fortunately I'm broke most of the time, or I'd have really have a problem. We're not supposed to stack up any boxes here.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎56‎:‎37‎, havanaholly said:

Cheryl, there is absolutely nothing wrong with looking!

Looking????  So that's what I'm doing wrong.   I see it, I have to buy it.  LOL  I have my 4th Arthur waiting in the stack.  I have built and given away 3.  I think this one is for me........time to clear the dining room table to put them on   HAHA

• Like 2