Wallpaper Wanted

rodentraiser

I'm not sure where this should go, so I'm putting it here.

This is a wallpaper I've been looking for for years. I saw a couple rolled up sheets just the other day on a Craig's List ad in New York (don't ask). I emailed the seller and she was kind enough to unroll the wallpaper and send me a picture of part of the sheet. Apparently I can ID a wallpaper pattern from a smidgen of paper, but my monitor leaves a lot to be desired. This is a copy of the picture the woman in NY sent me - this is the exact pattern I want, but I am looking for it in pink and moss green with a cream background instead of blue with a white background. This is an old BH Mini pre-pasted wall paper that was floating around in the 80s. The number of the pattern I want is 8P040.

573cf12f9241a_BHwallpaper.jpeg.3f00f85d6

Anyway, if anyone has a couple sheets of this (in pink and green) they want to part with, please PM me and yes, I will definitely pay you for them! Thanks!

Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it!

Jo, I have two pictures now of real life rooms that use Roosevelt Rose wallpaper. And if you ever watch A Christmas Story, when Ralphie is in his parent's room looking at the magazine, the wallpaper on the walls is Roosevelt Rose. A lot of mini wallpapers are based on historical papers and I'm surprised we don't see more of them.

Thank you for checking. In all the dollhouses I've seen in my life, I've only seen it twice and I can't figure out why. With sage green carpeting, this wallpaper is just scrumptious. But I won't give up hope. There must be some sheets of wallpaper out there somewhere and one day I will find it........

I think you can posts request for things you are looking for on ebay. I'm not sure how to do it, but I know you could at one time. It might be worth finding out if you still can, that way you would have a chance for others to see it.

Thanks, Kathi. I know you can post for things you want, but I doubt anyone looks at them. I posted a want for a magazine that had a picture of my dog in it one time and years later, I finally found the magazine - on eBay! LOL

Kelli, thank you for looking, but please don't go to any inconvenience. It seems to be such a rare wallpaper that I'd be really surprised if it showed up. I started looking for another discontinued wallpaper a couple years ago by Minigraphics. I found it right away on eBay and bought it. I've seen it exactly once since then. Go figure.

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Thanks, Kathi. I know you can post for things you want, but I doubt anyone looks at them. I posted a want for a magazine that had a picture of my dog in it one time and years later, I finally found the magazine - on eBay! LOL

Oh well, I thought it was worth a try. It's too bad people don't look at wish lists! (Apparently I don't look at them either, since I didn't even know if you could still do that)!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, minikelli said:

Silly question Kelly, but what company does the BH stand for in your first post?

I really don't know. The company who does the wallpaper is B. H. Miniatures. There is also a company called BH Minis that made furniture kits - gorgeous Southwestern and some Victorian pieces (people must know them because when they come up for auction on eBay, I can't get near them for what they end up selling for). They also did a kitchen to die for. I never did get around to getting the kitchen, but I did send for a catalog or something similar and got paper cutouts so I could put those in my house and see how they fit. I was never able to figure out if these companies were one and the same or two different ones.

Here's an an old auction for one of their pantries (which I must have missed):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWESOME-B-H-MINIATURES-DOLLHOUSE-GOURMET-PANTRY-FURNITURE-KIT-NEW-/222136616971?hash=item33b85fc80b%3Ag%3AAiAAAOSwMHdXTeRE&nma=true&si=6uY39m0LtBYCkzGX58eD4QGL%252BIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Like 1

I think I found it?! http://www.wnxt.net/product/P195

That's the What's Next website. According to their About page, they acquired the BH Miniatures wallpaper line.

Oh, I just reread in your post that you're looking for a different color scheme. I don't see any variations on the website. You could try calling Dollhouses, Trains, and More - they have a decent supply of old wallpaper and might be able to sell it to you by mail order. http://www.dollhousestrainsandmore.com/

You guys - you both gave me heart palpitations! Emily, right pattern, wrong color. Sable, right color, wrong pattern. LMAO

I shouldn't really laugh. I'm really very grateful people are out there looking for this paper. Thank you, guys, for checking for me. I really do appreciate it. What I'm really afraid of is someone will see the paper and decide to keep it for themselves - and I wouldn't blame them. Like I said, if you imagine that paper in cream, pink, and moss green and then add a moss green carpet....zowie! And to make it even more fun, this same pattern comes in a darkish red and pink too, but I never liked that one.

But you're right, Emily, I should call DT&M. I never thought of that. Which reminds me of something sort of funny. Years and years ago, like in the late 90s, I got together with a bunch of other people in the Bay Area through a forum of model hoses. We had day trips once a month and one month we went to DT&M. I don't know if they still do, but at that time they carried Breyer model horses. I didn't know they were a miniature shop and between the two, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Anyway, the model horse people had to drag me out of the miniatures part of the store.

Oh, by the way, this one is awesome as kitchen floor tiles or counter tiles:

http://www.wnxt.net/product/P082

• 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know, I found one sheet of my wallpaper!

A guy on eBay was selling a bunch of rolls of wallpaper and I saw the one I wanted at the very end of this pile:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f4ef0592255b395d720262

It's the last roll at the far left and I think I even have the color right this time! I'm pretty stoked. Of course, I would have like to have gotten more than one sheet, but alas, that's all there is. And I am happy to have it. And I really am appreciative to this eBay seller who literally went through those rolls so he could find the one I wanted. Not too many people would have done that!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Just to let everyone know, I found one sheet of my wallpaper!

A guy on eBay was selling a bunch of rolls of wallpaper and I saw the one I wanted at the very end of this pile:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f4ef0592255b395d720262

It's the last roll at the far left and I think I even have the color right this time! I'm pretty stoked. Of course, I would have like to have gotten more than one sheet, but alas, that's all there is. And I am happy to have it. And I really am appreciative to this eBay seller who literally went through those rolls so he could find the one I wanted. Not too many people would have done that!

I go to Staples and they make copies for me!  That way I always have extras of ones that are not easy to find.  Boy I would love to have that stash of wallpaper!!