Wallpaper Wanted

rodentraiser

He has another stash of wallpaper the same size right under this one. I think he said he got 200 rolls of wallpaper and is selling 50, 30, or 20 rolls of paper in 3 eBay auctions. I'd like all that wallpaper, too, but what are you going to do with just one sheet of each pattern? I'm hoping I can locate another couple of sheets by the time I'm ready to do the bedroom. If not, then I guess one wall will be paneled, one wall will be wainscoted, and one wall will be wallpapered.

Kinko's (if you have one in your area) prints on sheets the same size, quality, sheen and everything as Itsy Bitsy. I know this from printing my own and owning many from Itsy Bitsy too. If you like her quality, go to Kinko's to reproduce.

I've done this in the past, but I really like the type of paper this wallpaper is printed on. It's pre-glued wallpaper (just wet the paper and attach), so it's very thick. I always glue my wallpaper with paste even though it's supposed to be pre-glued, but I love that the paper has a texture.

However, I just ruined one last sheet of wallpaper I had that is impossible to find anywhere. This wallpaper predates me in miniatures! I had one sheet left and tried to cut it up to fit the Glencroft bathroom. Alas, one sheet is not enough. So now I am going to piece it together and scan it, hoping I can get rid of the lines where I pieced it together. The paper has a black background, so I don't know if that will make it easier or harder to do that.

WOOHOOHOO! While I was typing, the mailman delivered a package and it was the wallpaper. Here is a bad shot of it (I SO need to get a new camera!):

578e6bf5af10e_Picture001.jpg.838e41fc202

It's really much prettier than this. Can you just picture this with moss green carpeting or drapes and a cream colored wainscoting?

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

*coming back to earth now after dancing with Anna*

Maybe I will scan and print out 3 sheets of this and keep the original in case I never see it again.

After what you went through to get it I think that's a very shrewd move.

Depends on if I can get the correct color when scanning. A lot of time the background color doesn't come out very well. And the cream background really makes this wallpaper.

I did contact Dollhouses, Trains, and More and asked them about the wallpaper. The problem is, as I found out, is that the wallpaper had no identifying maker name or number on the sheet. Interesting.

8 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Depends on if I can get the correct color when scanning. A lot of time the background color doesn't come out very well. And the cream background really makes this wallpaper.

I did contact Dollhouses, Trains, and More and asked them about the wallpaper. The problem is, as I found out, is that the wallpaper had no identifying maker name or number on the sheet. Interesting.

Maybe your sheet is a copy?

Nope. Judging by the feel and texture of the paper, it's an original. Come to think about it, the wallpaper sheet I just ruined for the Glencroft didn't have a maker's name on it either. I only know who made that because in one of the magazines I bought at the show last spring, there was a roombox shown with the same wallpaper in it. And all the makers of stuff in the roombox were mentioned, including the wallpaper. That's howcome I know it predates me - I'd never heard of the company!

And I got an answer back from DT&M. They don't have the wallpaper. *sigh*