Opinions Please!

I posted this pic in another thread but decided to post it in it's own thread. I have tons of this fabric trim and though I always worried about looking tacky on a dollhouse, I decided to use this to cover where roof sections meet. I thought if I paint it it may look a little like wooden gingerbread or? I dont know. Is this ok do you think? or have I messed up big time? I boughtmany yards of this trim at a second hand store on bolts and that was years ago and now I am going to use some of it .......well please give me an honest opinion. I can take it. I guess it's too late anyway as I already did over one of the bay windows and this tower roof.  thanks for your thoughts on this. photo below;

Dsc00334.jpg

• Like 5

I think it looks very pretty! Not sure if this would make much difference, but you could paint over the trim and shingles with a coat of matte varnish. Sometimes that makes different materials look more unified. I've noticed it on egg carton stone, when I add the varnish it goes from looking like a bunch of egg carton pieces to a cohesive stone wall. It could have a similar effect of "blending" your fabric trim with the wood shingles.

• Like 3