New and Can I change a mostly built Marquam

Hello, 

I'm new to all this. I've mostly just crafted things for holidays and parties. 

My husband and I would like to have a aestheticlly pleasing dollhouse our children can play with supervised. It would either be in our living room or the small room off the living room we are calling the playroom. 

My mother is concerned dollhouse kits are fragile. Is the Marquam? 

We we found a Wood Marquam. It's mostly built except for the cornet? (tower) and my husband is mostly confident he can finish building it as it has pretty much everything. It's a dark color though and in not sure how difficult or what I need to all do to cover it?

and of course (knowing me) I  would want to change the side building into a terrace/deck instead of the roof. Probably re-work the window in the room below as well to make a bay window or shop window or something. 

Also will our fuzzy little 2-3" or so animals fit? 

Thanks in advance!  

I replied to the question of scale in your introduction.  Rehabbing and bashing a dollhouse is a lot of fun and seeing your visions take form is satisfying as nothing else.  I find it easier if I can disassemble parts of the structure to work on, specially I I'm trying to repaint something interior...  That's why I have a very strong preference for the Greenleaf kits.

I agree with Sable, this is a kit I have in my stash to be built -- but if it was put together with wood glue or the like, and not hot glue then you shouldn't need to take it apart. I also  agree in regards to the Kilz, lovely stuff that can cover the darkest of paints!  :)

• Like 1

When I say I disassemble houses to rehab and bash them, it's houses that were built with hot glue.  Don't be afraid to stand the house on its roof if you need to, to get into tight spaces.