A miracle. ...or ghosts

L Swearengin

I have tried a few times to get the lights on my New Orleans house. For some reason they just wouldn't work.  Was going to move all my houses to take it to the workroom.   Well.....today I went out and got the mail, when I came back in the house something caught my eye.  THE LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!!  Don't how, don't know why.  But they are working!!!

• Like 3

I wonder if humidity has anything to do with it. If a brad or eyelet worked loose and broke the connection, maybe even a hint of moisture in the air was enough to make the wood swell enough to make the connection solid again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

I wonder if humidity has anything to do with it. If a brad or eyelet worked loose and broke the connection, maybe even a hint of moisture in the air was enough to make the wood swell enough to make the connection solid again.

I'd bet money that's what it is! we'll know for sure if it goes back out soon. 

21 hours ago, KathieB said:

With all the rain we've had, that could be it????   I'm going to turn them off and see what happens. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

With all the rain we've had, that could be it????   I'm going to turn them off and see what happens. 

Another thing you can check is that your junction splice is making good contact. Is it going through multiple layers of tape? 

All the lights came on. I think it's the connection on the outside.  So far they have stayed on. I have to move 3 houses to get to the switch. Maybe tomorrow,  I keep getting distracted.   Today it was the 100 mile yard sale.   All I found was a whole lot of mud