Seems I'm attracted to the odd balls... (Georgetown Brownstone by Craft Products and Alison by Houseworks)

minikelli

Kits that is! lol I'm currently working on a Georgetown Brownstone by Craft Products. The only picture of one I've ever seen is in the third edition of the Miniatures Catalog. Once I'm done with it, I have my heart set on working on The Alison by Houseworks. I've had this house for a couple of years now and hadn't been able to identify it. Posted it on FaceBook, and was lucky enough to have someone else recognize it from way back when. She was kind enough to share a picture from the kit box of what it could look like... right now I've nicknamed it the Technicolor Dollhouse b/c of the wild color scheme used on it!

Very evident to see how RGT got their Alison Jr. from looking at the house -- though I'm liking the look of the original better. Last night I spent several hours in the shop with my pup Lucy(profile pic) whom is now big enough to stand up and keep watch of what I'm doing on the work benches. We spent the majority of the time dismantling the Alison and removing an insane amount of staples and completely out of scale nails. When I do get to start working on this there are still some more staples to be removed, but I was glad to get it dismantled and off of one workbench to have some more work space. I can honestly say since this house was a freebie, the price was right for the amount of work it's going to need. It's similar to my Brownstone in that there were no windows with it, however it will also need stairs and doors too. This is where I'm thanking the fates that I have as many varieties in my stash as I do, though I'm contemplating getting back to doing actual stained glass for the windows as I've learned a few tricks to make it appear more in scale with the miniature setting... so we'll see. 

Anyways, besides the obvious that this house will need A LOT of woodfiller/spackle and primer to get it to a clean slate -- I can see it being a lot of fun to work on. Was interested to know if anyone else had ever worked on one of these or seen one completed? Going to upload the pics I took of it before taking it apart so it wouldn't distract me from the Brownstone. Hope the evidence of the childs' whimsy with color that had it before may make some of you smile, as it did me... before looking at it and thinking what did I get myself into?!? lol

• Like 2

I added the names of the houses to the thread title so anyone who has built these is more likely to notice it. Do you have pictures?

• Like 1

I have the Alison uploaded in my album entitled "Technicolor Dollhouse", evidenced by the paint job I got it with. The Brownstone also has an album of some of my work on it, though I don't have a pic of the completed dollhouse, other than the catalog pic so far.

Whoa, that is colorful! It's funny to see it next to the sample house on the front of the kit, which is so subdued...

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

(I noticed you had some hidden duplicate images, I deleted them.)

• Like 1