I have found several of these kits on Ebay and wondering how many use furniture kits or bash them or use them a patterns for other pieces. I purchased the Chippendale curved front chest, 5 drawer chest, lyre back chairs, chaise lounge, mirror (damaged, partly assembled when purchased) and the hall table. Only have completed the curved front chest. Made another chest using the top of the five drawer chest as a pattern to make a smaller one using mat board

36 minutes ago, Mary S. said:

I have found several of these kits on Ebay and wondering how many use furniture kits or bash them or use them a patterns for other pieces. I purchased the Chippendale curved front chest, 5 drawer chest, lyre back chairs, chaise lounge, mirror (damaged, partly assembled when purchased) and the hall table. Only have completed the curved front chest. Made another chest using the top of the five drawer chest as a pattern to make a smaller one using mat board

I got started down the primrose path of making furniture, first using Patricia King's books, then the House of Miniatures and Mini Mundus kits (I did save those sheets that show the pieces that come in those kits, as they are full size), and finally making my own from scratch using various dollhouse furniture making books I found in remainder and used book stores.  From there I progressed to dolls and accessories and now I make almost everything I put into my houses.

I wish you didn't live so far away!  I would love to have a dollhouse-building buddy!

• Like 1

I have made furniture from House of Miniatures, Daisy House (sadly no longer in business), Shenendoah and Reallife Kits.  I save all the instructions and diagrams for future use or in case someone else needs them.  But I like the others above have learned to make my own furniture from putting the kits together and looking at books.  It is very satisfying to make your own furniture, I find. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I use a lot of the scrap punch outs from houses I've built to make some pieces of furniture.  I have yet to use the fabric that comes in any of the kits I've built. I use what's in my treasure room.

Me, either.  The old wide polyester neckties often have itty enough designs to make perfect upholstery.  I have even needlepointed my own upholstery (necktie for the chair seats, bargello piano bench seat):

gallery_8_305_9917.jpg

• Like 1