Can anyone identify this, please?

Gillie2020

Hi All, 

I'm very new to dollhouses but I bought this because it's so beautiful and I can practice with it. I think it was originally a kit but I'm very green to this and would love to have any background, insight, etc. about what any of you may know about this kind of house. Thanks so much!

Oh my gosh, so awesome to know!!! Thanks so so so much!

How do you guys recommend displaying/working on a house this size? I'd love to have it on some type of a lazy susan but is that feasible? Is there a better way? 

I have a couple of my smaller houses on turntables, but the farmhouse is pretty big.....I seem to recall someone once had posted plans for a special display table that you could put close to the wall -  the table top would slide forward until the house had enough clearance, then you could turn the house around and slide the table top back into place. 

• Like 1

I saw a setup recently in a club member's home which I thought worked well.  The house was on a sofa table behind a sofa in an open section of the room. The house matched the decor of the room so it didn't look like an elephant in the room, it blended in.  It was very tastefully displayed and visible from all angles.

• Like 1

There's a dollhouse turntable by Houseworks for about $45 on Amazon that gets good reviews. One reviewer said she put the turntable under a sheet of plywood and then put the house on that so she had more support for her large dollhouse.

• Like 1

most of my big houses are on the 10" flat turn table that is attached to a 3/4 inch base.  they all turn smoothly.  First one I got at Hobby Builders, then I found the same one at Menards for less and NO shipping charge.   my smaller houses sit on the turn table without a base quite well.  The Beach house and Beacon Hill are on 36 inch rounds with the turn table attached to the underside of the round.  both are pretty heavy houses.  I did put the Willow Crest on a small microwave stand that rolls.  

• Like 1

Thanks all, this is all such great information! I showed your suggestions to the hubby and he is going to try a combination turntable with slider idea set on a rolling buffet table we have. He's quite handy so it should turn out wonderfully... after I remind him a time or ten that he promised to make it... ;) 

I'll let you guys know how it works out. 

• Like 1