had to happen sooner or later...

Mary S.

better sooner... realized I had reversed the second floor to that the stairwell was over the bay window. After debating several solutions, none of which looked very good, I decided to try to remove and reinstall it. Fortunately, turns out the wood glue was still a little soft and flexible, it came off with no damage. after scraping off the glue, it went back in with no problems. Yes, I did mark right and left sides, in the right place. Just not paying attention. Early lesson well learned.

• Like 2

Beats what happened to me building the Glencoft; Tracy noticed I had a piece glued in wrong; fortunately it broke off cleanly at the join so I could sand off the dried glue and reinstall it properly.

I was working on the Glencroft and force fit (never a good idea) the fireplace floor in. After I had fit it in, I realized I had it in backwards - don't even go there, people. And if you thought it was difficult to get it into that spot, try taking it out again! I ended up breaking it and consoling myself that brick would cover the break nicely.

I love the Glencroft, but I really battled with my stairs on my build...I broke the original bannisters...tried to replace them, gave up. But YES - BRICK WILL COVER IT.

Or spackle&cardstock.