Oh my goodness!

jbresr

I just did what I have never in all my years of building (over 30)!I was building the San Franciscan 555 and did some changes.  Well I just couldnt get the house to do what I needed it to do and couldnt get it together so I totally took it apart....ok so I trashed it and it is going to the dump tomorrow.  I have lots of patience but this one tested me to the limits and beyond.  

So tomorrow I am going to Hobby Lobby and buy the Painted Lady!!!

So are the houses rebelling against me now?  1st the 1/2 scale bungalow (which is on its way to its new home) and now the San Franciscan.

If I were a drinking woman (I dont drink) I would be like drunk now!

• Like 1

The dura craft houses that have the siding strips that need to be glued together to make walls aren't easy to bash. I have a SF still in the box and a million ideals for it.. pulse it weighs a ton  so the shipping cost to sell it are impossible. 

I have only built the Dura-Craft kits with walls built up in sections of tongue & groove milled plywood, so I wouldn't even try to bash them;  this is why I love my Greenleaf kits!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jbresr said:

I just did what I have never in all my years of building (over 30)!I was building the San Franciscan 555 and did some changes.  Well I just couldnt get the house to do what I needed it to do and couldnt get it together so I totally took it apart....ok so I trashed it and it is going to the dump tomorrow.  I have lots of patience but this one tested me to the limits and beyond.  

So tomorrow I am going to Hobby Lobby and buy the Painted Lady!!!

So are the houses rebelling against me now?  1st the 1/2 scale bungalow (which is on its way to its new home) and now the San Franciscan.

If I were a drinking woman (I dont drink) I would be like drunk now!

Sometimes you have to set a house aside.  I was ready to put the Beacon Hill in the burn pile.  I went to texas to see grandkids.  When I got back it was much nicer to me.     I'd put it together for you if I wasn't so far away.  

1 hour ago, rbytsdy said:

SF555 is a bear! Finishing one these days (decorated in the style of Robin Carey)-- can't imagine trying to bash it!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. Her interior or exterior style?