Not sure if this is funny or not......

rodentraiser

But I found this site and they are advertizing house design. Anyway, I wanted to contact them and tell them two of the house designs they had pictures of were dollhouses (and copyrighted), but I can't find any contact info. I honestly don't know of they knew these were dollhouses, but somehow, I really don't think they did. Which is a credit to our hobby, I think......

http://freedesign.site/6953/archives/victorian-cottages-2/img-4358-10-in-category-home-design/

One of the pictures they're showing is a Thomas Kinkade picture.

I didn't really click on them all, so I don't know what they say. I just knew that was a Kinkade picture because I just did that picture as a puzzle not too long ago. LOL

Yup, it's a Robin Carey house and the green Gothic cottage is Pat B's house:

http://www.balazscreative.com/minipat/Gothic.html

Holly, you'd think it would be a dead giveaway but people like us are used to seeing the difference between real and miniature. I bet most of us could tell the difference between 1:12, 1:24, and 1:144 that most other people would think were real houses. Our eyes just pick up the cues that tell us what's full size and what's not. Someone else might just think there was something "off" with the house, but probably couldn't put their finger on it.

Oh, by the way, I don't want to start another thread, so I'm throwing this in here - check it out. A one story Beacon Hill - and yes, this is a real house:

brewvic.jpg.12eb67dac775bafad56c630d0f46

Cute, huh?

• Like 1

That's so cool!  I also noticed that the third picture from the left in the top row looks like an illustration, probably late-19th Century kit house.  That and the "interesting" English usage in the text makes me wonder just what sort of site it's supposed to , nd whether the person/s setting it up are even bothered by copyrights...

• Like 1

I am in love with that green victorian gothic Pat Balazs cottage, do you all know that she passed away last year?  I just found her wonderful houses about 2 months ago and was looking for a way to contact her to ask her something, and I've got stoned when I came up with her obituary page!:(

Maybe this people bought this house from Robin, just a thought...maybe from Pat's state. The others don't have credit either, except the Kinkade one.

I've been seeing more and more of this kind of thing. The people who put these picture collections together seem to just grab anything that catches their eye. From the mistakes in the text I gather they're probably from someplace like China or Korea. The sites don't seem to have any real purpose, unless it's just to get clicks or likes for something.

On Sat Jun 11 2016 21:30:02 GMT-0500, rodentraiser said:

I didn't really click on them all, so I don't know what they say. I just knew that was a Kinkade picture because I just did that picture as a puzzle not too long ago. LOL

Yup, it's a Robin Carey house and the green Gothic cottage is Pat B's house:

http://www.balazscreative.com/minipat/Gothic.html

Holly, you'd think it would be a dead giveaway but people like us are used to seeing the difference between real and miniature. I bet most of us could tell the difference between 1:12, 1:24, and 1:144 that most other people would think were real houses. Our eyes just pick up the cues that tell us what's full size and what's not. Someone else might just think there was something "off" with the house, but probably couldn't put their finger on it.

Oh, by the way, I don't want to start another thread, so I'm throwing this in here - check it out. A one story Beacon Hill - and yes, this is a real house:

brewvic.jpg.12eb67dac775bafad56c630d0f46

Cute, huh?

I'd live in that, since I can't shrink and live in the one in my living room.   And just think how many dollhouses I could fit in it

34 minutes ago, LPCullen said:

Anybody else salivating over this one, or is it just me because of the brick LOL

http://freedesign.site/6953/archives/victorian-cottages-2/9210c98c28a53b024673d2dbbf982aef-2-in-category-home-design/

Ooo, bash an Orchid with a Buttercup, oh Queen of paperclay brickwork!

• Like 1