Checking in....with a wall paper question

vbharrington

I haven't been on the forum in a while, with the end of school, this vacation, and 1000 different things to be done around the house, I haven't had much time to be online or to work on my houses.  I did manage to get wainscoting cut, painted, and "installed," along with 1920's era wallpaper in the kitchen of my farmhouse rehab.  After the nightmare I had with removing the old wallpaper, I decided to first paste my wallpaper and wainscoting onto posterboard, then glue that to the walls.  I used a spray adhesive (777) to attach the posterboard to the walls, and it looked great. When we got back from vacation and I checked the house, I noticed that the posterboard is bubbling out from the wall.  Can anyone offer any advice as to what went wrong, the best way to fix it, and the best way to prevent it in the future.  Thanks in advance

When I have used posterboard for a template I slather good ol' Elmer's all-purpose white glue all over the back, glue it into place and lay a piece of waxed paper and a pile of books on top and leave it to dry for a few days.  No bubbling. 

Hopefully a mod will see this topic here and move it to the General Mini forum.