Hello! First timer

Dena

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I just received my first dollhouse. I have the Magnolia fro the corona concepts. I'm a little nervous because there's a lot to do, but I do't have a timeline. This has been something I've wanted to do since I'm a kid... Super excited! Anyone else ever build the Magnolia? any tips you could give me? Thanks!

Hi, Dena, and welcome to the forum! To see what members have done with the Magnolia, use the Search feature at the upper right of the screen. Use the dropdown menu to indicate what you want to see, images or posts.

Before you begin, read through the directions a couple of times. Mark the individual sheets (I use black marker to go over the stamped numbers) and match them to the schematic sheets to be sure you have everything. Put the acetate window sheets someplace safe - in the  Getting Started sheets is a good place - and put them somewhere where you can find them later on. You don't want to put the windows in until you're nearly finished. If the acetate gets paint or stain or glue on it, it's a bear to get it off.

The biggest hint is this: do not use hot glue to assemble the house. Hot glue will deteriorate over time and your house will fall apart. Use either a good wood glue (Elmer's, Titebond) or a strong white glue (Aileen's, not Elmer's school glue). 

Do search around here for hints on getting started. If you have questions, feel free to ask. We were all newbies once. :) 

Welcome, Dena. The Magnolia is a great house, with good-sized rooms. I found it helpful to glue braces (square-edged wood scraps) to the underside of the foundation after the foundation base was assembled. My blog posts on the Magnolia build start here; hope it helps. Looking forward to seeing your build!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Dena.  The Magnolia was the last kit the Building Team blogged here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=view&id=59  I was asked to build the kit without doing any decorating or finishing.  I attached the doors and windows with poster putty for the blog, then I went back and finished it off as a Florida Cracker house:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=988

Amazing!! Thank you everyone! I have decided to leave my "deadline" open ended and however long it takes me to complete the house, so be it. I am going to move forward carefully and if I make mistakes, I will just use them as lessons for the next one. Again, I really appreciate the tips and the pictures. SO helpful!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dena said:

Amazing!! Thank you everyone! I have decided to leave my "deadline" open ended and however long it takes me to complete the house, so be it. I am going to move forward carefully and if I make mistakes, I will just use them as lessons for the next one. Again, I really appreciate the tips and the pictures. SO helpful!

Dena, deadlines can be stressful and are certainly irrelevant if this is a hobby for you.

On 6/29/2016, 8:17:45, Dena said:

I am also new to this.  We can make mistakes (create learning opportunities LOL) together!  I didn't start from scratch, but bought mine at a yard sale and it was already assembled. It is a Pierce. I just put in the electrical, but took a break to redo my full size bathroom.  Still working on that too.  Maybe I'll use some of the leftover paint for my dollhouse. 

1 hour ago, dsrtdrifter said:

Must have been a long weekend!  LOL!  Actually, I don't know how you can keep up with all of us.

I blame it on being here so long...

• Like 1