Orchid furniture

Beulah

Can someone tell me what scale furniture i need to look for to decorate the Orchid house.  I know the house is 1 inch equals 1 foot but i can't find the scale for when i buy items thanks 

Unless you modify the kit to fit a different scale (like KathieB built her 1:12 houseboat to fit 1:24 furnishings, accessories and family) you would use 1:12 scale furniture.  I originally tried one of the Corona Concepts 1:12 furniture kits for the general store I made from my wood version of the kit, but the pieces made up large for the Orchid, and for what I wanted it was easier to make things:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7574  For the Claus' house I used all sorts of 1:12 furniture:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=2918

• Like 1

As you said, the Orchid is 1 inch equals one foot. 

1:12 is another way of saying 1 inch in miniature items = 12 inches in real life.

When you're shopping, you can estimate scale with a ruler if the scale isn't given. If a table is 3" high, it is equal to a table 3 feet high in real life. If a doll is 5 inches tall, it is the same as a 5-foot tall person. If something is 1/2" high, it would be 6 inches high in real life.

Keep in mind that not all dollhouse furniture is exactly to scale. You'll find chairs that are a bit larger and some a bit smaller. As in real life, it's best to keep this in mind when shopping for furniture for a particular room or space.

• Like 1