Garfield - New Orleans

madtex1967

Hi All!

Like KathieB I am going to let my partially completed dollhouse go.  I recently moved and don't have the space for this and I have not touched in in 2+ years.  It needs a good home.  As you can see by my pictures in my GALLERY, I have done a lot of bashing to make it one of a kind.  It will come with all the windows and exterior doors, plus all the original pieces from the kit.  It is 90% wired with tape on the walls and floors and hard wire in the foundation hooked up a lighting control panel.  I am not selling the custom staircase and fireplaces.

Please IM for more information.

• Like 1

I, too, have seen Matt's Garfield and echo Holly's "magnificent". I hope it attracts buyers. So far I've not had one response to my giveaway of the Beacon Hill. I may be forced to finish her myself.

• Like 1

Beautiful house, Matt. I wish I had the money - then again, if you still have it in September....

The Garfield is the last one (and only Victorian) on my list (so far) and yours is perfect (I really don't like doing the exteriors right now).

Kathie & Holly - 10 days and counting........ I'm doing a lot of plaster fireplaces with my molds - I hope you need a few because I'll be bringing some for you all. 

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I really hate to sell it, but I have just lost the energy for it.  

Donna - maybe you need a road trip to New Orleans?   :bigwink:

Chris - I may just still have it then.  I haven't listed it on eBay (or maybe etsy) yet.  I am still unpacking and putting things away.  So the Garfield is in the corner under a sheet waiting . . .   I want;to put out feelers here first if someone was interested before going other routes to sell it!

On 7/15/2016, 2:32:01, madtex1967 said:

Donna - maybe you need a road trip to New Orleans?   :bigwink:

LOL!  I am in CA.  Long trip.......but actually I am planning on a cross country trip!.  I know for sure I will be going to Kansas and off to Souh Dakota.  I am hoping to find a way to go back to Alabama along the way and possibly Florida.  Who knows I may just may have to make a stop in LA while I am at it.  This is all conditional right now on my hubby.  He knows I want to go but I am not sure when we can start the trip.  We have to get rice harvest done first which will be sometime in August I thinks closer to the end of the month.  Then I hope to be able to do the trip and be back in time for my son's wedding in October.  

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Well if you're going back by way of FL & AL through LA and we're home, you could stop off & say hello...

Holly I will be sure to stop by.  Might have to go meet Kelly( rodentraiser) and drag along on the trip for the blueberry pancakes!!

13 hours ago, jbresr said:

LOL!  I am in CA.  Long trip.......but actually I am planning on a cross country trip!.  I know for sure I will be going to Kansas and off to Souh Dakota.  I am hoping to find a way to go back to Alabama along the way and possibly Florida.  Who knows I may just may have to make a stop in LA while I am at it.  This is all conditional right now on my hubby.  He knows I want to go but I am not sure when we can start the trip.  We have to get rice harvest done first which will be sometime in August I thinks closer to the end of the month.  Then I hope to be able to do the trip and be back in time for my son's wedding in October.  

If you make it to Holly in Alabama, New Orleans is right on your way home. Matt's in the French Quarter and we're right across the bridge in Algiers. Do stop!

9 hours ago, jbresr said:

Holly I will be sure to stop by.  Might have to go meet Kelly( rodentraiser) and drag along on the trip for the blueberry pancakes!!

I guess I can whip up something for supper, let y'all sleep in the "guesthouse" (RV) and feed you blueberry pancakes for breakfast...

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

If you make it to Holly in Alabama, New Orleans is right on your way home. Matt's in the French Quarter and we're right across the bridge in Algiers. Do stop!

I will be sure to stop by.  I am still in the planning stages.  I am going to AAA and have them map out a good route for me!

2 hours ago, jbresr said:

I will be sure to stop by.  I am still in the planning stages.  I am going to AAA and have them map out a good route for me!

We use our deLorme atlases and city book maps, when we're frequent visitors.

3 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Just went to the French Quarter.  Dropped off a house at the Villalobos shop as a donation.  They seemed to be appreciative of the donation.   My grandkids helped to build. 

Lawanda! What are you doing in New Orleans without stopping by to say howdy??

10 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Just went to the French Quarter.  Dropped off a house at the Villalobos shop as a donation.  They seemed to be appreciative of the donation.   My grandkids helped to build. 

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

Lawanda! What are you doing in New Orleans without stopping by to say howdy??

I was thinking the same thing!

• 5 months later...

So . . . .  I still have this Garfield, sitting under the stairs and covered by a sheet.  I have only had 3 inquiries all this time.  I have it on Craigslist, eBay and Etsy.  The last inquiry was someone wanting to purchase it for their 7 year old :crazyeyes:.  I don't think she realized it was not a house intended for play.

Sigh, I wish it would go to a good home.  I have dropped the asking price twice.  The initial price was WAY below the money invested, not counting my time.  :ermm:

I am seriously thinking of finding a good charity in the area to donate for an auction.

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

I am seriously thinking of finding a good charity in the area to donate for an auction.

Matt, I'm so sorry the Garfield is languishing. If you find a charity that will appreciate it, let me know. I may have something for them as well.

Sam, Matt lives in the Vieux Carre there in NOLA, and his Garfield's exterior color scheme is similar to one of the houses on his street (unless he repainted it).  I have seen this gorgeous house (have no room for it).