Double hung windows

Beulah

Is this for the Orchid? If yes, there's a thread here with suggestions and a link to a great tutorial.

If that doesn't answer your question or you're building a different house, please give us more details so someone can help you. (Definitely don't throw it in the garbage! :eek:)

• Like 2

What helped me with the double hung windows was to glue the clear acetate inserts to the back of each piece of individual pane's trim.  I laid the outer window trim around the entire window and traced around it, interior & exterior side, and then I painted the top of the window on the interior of the wall, and the bottom of the window on the exterior wall, and after I had finished the rest of the wall treatments, interior & exterior, and glue on the outer trims, I glued one pane to the upper half of the window on the exterior side and the bottom hlf of the window on the interior side, and it looks a lot like my windows in my 1:1 house.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fov said:

Is this for the Orchid? If yes, there's a thread here with suggestions and a link to a great tutorial.

If that doesn't answer your question or you're building a different house, please give us more details so someone can help you. (Definitely don't throw it in the garbage! :eek:)

I got the windows together finally, I downloaded a good detailed instruction from greenleaf, I wish they had included it with the kit.  Now I am onto the bay windows.  I am so disappointed in this kit.  I don't think I like doing it as much as I did My Real Good Toys Dollhouse.  I may just have to make my own house.  I looked at your blog, you are amazing.  I really enjoyed it.  Thank you Emily 

If I'm remembering correctly those are some newer instructions that the community helped put together. Glad they helped!

The Orchid was my first dollhouse and I had trouble with the instructions too. I remember being confused about those windows.

Greenleaf houses can be harder to put together than some other brands, but they also have more detail than you find in a lot of other dollhouses, so it's a trade-off. When I built the Orchid I thought I'd never do a die-cut house again, but with each one I've gained experience and confidence. Now I love bashing them to make them fit my vision. :) (Not bashing them with a hammer!)

The best thing I've found to do when I get frustrated is move to something else for a while. Maybe work on shingling or start decorating one of the rooms or put together some furniture kits for inside the house, and then go back to the bay window etc. when you're ready.

ps - Thanks for checking out my blog!

• 2 months later...