Fall is over here

Charlene

Well, we're not supposed to get out of the 30's all day today. I guess our autumn is done, fini, gone :wave: Could be worse, I guess, since Northern Ohio & Pennsylvania along with Western New York are getting lake effect snows (UGH!).

Driving back from Pittsburgh (in the rain, of course) the mountains were gorgeous -- looked like they were covered with fluffy patchwork quilts. Saturday was terrific -- not a cloud in the sky, no wind, beautiful.

Of course, one of the BASE jumpers at Bridge Day (Saturday) died when his 'chute didn't open until it was about 20' from the river (it's a 880' drop) and that was unfortunate. He was 66 years old and apparently one of the originators of BASE jumping. Sad story -- they pulled him out almost immediately (one of the whitewater outfitters does the rescues), but apparently the fall killed him 'cause he was gone when they got to him. Skydiving of any sort doesn't appeal to me -- but as I get older, risk taking is less tempting. Plus, let me tell you, that river is cold in August -- can just imagine how nasty it would be to land in that water in October.

That's all my news -- sorry I'm pretty dull :(

We had a low last night of 44 degrees. Our high today is projected to be in the upper 50s, around 58. They say it is going down to 33 tonight, and high again tomorrow in the 50s. But the sun's out, so that's OK with me.

Well, we're not supposed to get out of the 30's all day today.

They are saying it's going reach 40 here, maybe. Chris thought I was nuts when we were waiting for the bus this morning, but then he finally seen it, it was snow flurries :) , not many and you had to stare at the truck to watch them hit but it was still snow.

Well it is 37.8 windy and wet here. The furkids bounced out turned around and looked at me and bounced back in. I guess I will have to get their coats out although Molly looks like a barrel on stilts and will not move in hers for the first few times she wears hers. then it is boot time. sigh.

I guess I will have to get their coats out although Molly looks like a barrel on stilts and will not move in hers for the first few times she wears hers. then it is boot time. sigh.

Please do get a pic of her -- Love dressed up doggies and I'll bet they look adorable :)

milo was very happy to see the sweaters come out of hiding.

he is a very cold puppy these days.

and it makes the arthritis act up.

so this week he has to have his meds refilled and Im thinking on getting him some of those pet steps?

with use of only one back leg its hard for him to jump up to his favorite seats.

he hates winter...right now he has a nice spot in front of the space heater.

nutti :)

milo was very happy to see the sweaters come out of hiding.

he is a very cold puppy these days.

and it makes the arthritis act up.

so this week he has to have his meds refilled and Im thinking on getting him some of those pet steps?

with use of only one back leg its hard for him to jump up to his favorite seats.

he hates winter...right now he has a nice spot in front of the space heater.

nutti :wave:

Those steps might be just the ticket for him -- arthritis and a bum leg, too, he'd probably really appreciate his own little stairway. Thought I'd get some for Callie last year -- turned out she had a pulled muscle, not hip dysplasia (sp?) -- but she was way toooo big (70 lbs) and the steps were waaay tooooo small :(

Didn't I see somewhere where they have arthritis meds for dogs now? Is Milo on those?

I have a dog sweater question...What do you buy and how do you get your male dogs to NOT pee on their sweaters?

Okay I know gross question, but I cant keep changing Ty`s sweater everytime he has to go. Am I buying the wrong kind? I have gotten the ones that cover the belly too and I have gotten the kind with the strap around the belly. I have seen the ones that are like a cape but i wonder if that even keeps the dog warm.

I have a dog sweater question...What do you buy and how do you get your male dogs to NOT pee on their sweaters?

:wave: Since all my dogs have been ladies, I haven't a clue, but my oh my what discussions we have!

What do you buy and how do you get your male dogs to NOT pee on their sweaters?
When my DM died we inherited her nasty toy poodle no one else wanted (found out why pretty quick, too!). The miserable mutt had lived his whole life in FL & at the time we lived in OH with its "lake effect" snows, so I knit him a sweater that covered his back and sides and the front part, only knit two leg openings for his front legs and for a few inches of his lower chest. He didn't pee on it.

:cloud9: oh my what discussions we have!

:D:D:D That we do! :wave::wave:

Thank you Holly!

I know it was a weird question that took ppl aback, but I needed to know! :D

I saw patterns for dog clothes, and since I am all finished with Halloween costumes and the sewing stuff is still out, I might as well sew him a couture wardrobe...minus the belly coverage.. :cloud9::D:D

Regarding meds. One thing we found really helped our old fella was glyncosimen (SP?) with chondroiten (SP?). He was a boxer age 8 at the time and with really bad arth and stiffness in his hindquarters. It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to kick in but it really made a difference and for the last two years of his life he was like a pup, playful and could jump in and out of the car really well. It made a big difference in his quality of life. We now have our female boxer on it as she has hip problems and stiffness. You can get the stuff at any of the pet stores or at Walmart.

Regarding meds. One thing we found really helped our old fella was glyncosimen (SP?) with chondroiten (SP?). He was a boxer age 8 at the time and with really bad arth and stiffness in his hindquarters. It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to kick in but it really made a difference and for the last two years of his life he was like a pup, playful and could jump in and out of the car really well. It made a big difference in his quality of life. We now have our female boxer on it as she has hip problems and stiffness. You can get the stuff at any of the pet stores or at Walmart.

That's great info -- Our dog is a mixed lab (sorta an All-American Girl :lol: ) and having had large dogs in the past, I know that arthritis almost invariably sets in, although she's still pretty young at 4. I'd heard that there were meds that would help them out & I'm gonna file this away for the future, just in case :D

Thank you Holly!

I know it was a weird question that took ppl aback, but I needed to know! :D

I saw patterns for dog clothes, and since I am all finished with Halloween costumes and the sewing stuff is still out, I might as well sew him a couture wardrobe...minus the belly coverage.. :wave::wave: :wub:

Did doggie get a costume, too? I've seen patterns for them, but Callie won't do 'dressup' -- she has a "boo, y'all" kerchief, but no costume.

No Tyson is a macho dog (meaning dh wont have it..LOL)

He always whips off his capes and hats, so I dont do it anymore. He wants to be dignified when he digs thru the trash!