Fall is over here

Charlene

Whew I think summer has come back!!! It is 77degress in my house!! Gonna have to turn the air on if it gets much hotter in here.

Bad thing is the lady bugs are out in full force cause it it so warm. My vacum will be working over time today.

It is beautiful and sunny though. Puts a smile on my face.

Y'know I just heard on the news that we could hit 70 here by Wednesday....I'm soooo confused! Do I continue with the flannel pj's or not? :banana:

No Tyson is a macho dog (meaning dh wont have it..LOL)

Well in your husband's defense, there is something just a bit off about a guy walking a dressed-up dog :wub:

<No offense intended if any of our guys here dress their doggies for walks -- and if you do, I'm sure your dogs looked very rugged in their outfits :D >

It is almost 8am this Saturday and it is 35 degrees outside.... :banana: :yikes: :o

I have lots of leaves to rake and branches to tie up but it is too darn cold out there for my delicate frame..ROFL

Regarding meds. One thing we found really helped our old fella was glyncosimen (SP?) with chondroiten (SP?).

The vet had us start our Beautiful Melody on Rimadel (an anti-inflammatory) for her arthritis this past Spring, since she likes to go running with DH. When we got home we had to take her in for her annual check up and they have put her on Dasuquin, instead. It has glucosamine & chondroitin and a nasty beef flavor that she loves. So far I can't tell a difference, but she gets a "loading" dose over the first four weeks (!) so I'm sure it's too early to tell.

Here in So California we are experiencing record heat due to Santa Ana winds. The temperature is hitting 90 degrees. Darn, I don't have an air conditioner and I guess I don't have to worry about my heater not lighting.

Here in So California we are experiencing record heat due to Santa Ana winds. The temperature is hitting 90 degrees. Darn, I don't have an air conditioner and I guess I don't have to worry about my heater not lighting.

Are you serious? You're in So Cal and don't have air conditioning? That is just sad. I had AC in Canada.

When DH was going through his air traffic control MOS with Marines we lived in San Diego through the height of summer heat without AC. We had lovely breezes most of the time and a FAN.

It was a drier heat than what we get here in FL and the humidity bothers me far more than the heat. It's the COLD that hurts! DH ran a 5K race Saturday and it was in the 40s, I had to sit in the car with his kight jacket over my sweater & his heavier jacket over my legs (BTW, he took first place in his age group!)

Friday (nov 10) when we were in NYC, I swear to you it had to be in the 70s! In November! I had a t-shirt on and no jacket!

Today it is raining and thundering (again IN NOV) the temp outside is 65 deg. I need to get the paper because I think the thunder is telling me it is going to cool down.

But it has been great opening the few windows that are not covered yet and letting some air in!