The Washington

Marian

Just wondering if anyone has built the Washington? I've been taking advice and just researching all kinds of different houses and seeing what jumps out at me. So far it's the Arthur, the lily, laurel last but not least the Washington! Still giving myself a little time to keep researching. So hard to pick just one! 

37 minutes ago, Marian said:

Just wondering if anyone has built the Washington? I've been taking advice and just researching all kinds of different houses and seeing what jumps out at me. So far it's the Arthur, the lily, laurel last but not least the Washington! Still giving myself a little time to keep researching. So hard to pick just one! 

I built the Washington 2.0 for a farmhouse.  If, as I did, you make a hall on the second floor to keep the stairs out of either the bathroom or the bedroom, the hall is the width of the stairs, so you had better have a good imagination to see the invisible back half of the house to make it work:

hall & bathroom.JPG

• Like 1

I like the Washington or Lily.  Washington looks a bit less to assemble then Lily. Guess it depends on what you're in the mood for.

The Arthur and laurel are nice but a bit plain. 

Personally, I  like Lily. In fact it's on my might do list. Think I'm add Washington to it also. Good luck

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thresadep said:

I like the Washington or Lily.  Washington looks a bit less to assemble then Lily. Guess it depends on what you're in the mood for.

The Arthur and laurel are nice but a bit plain. 

Personally, I  like Lily. In fact it's on my might do list. Think I'm add Washington to it also. Good luck

I have a Lily still in its box that wants to become a Tuscan villa.  The trick with curved mansard roof is carefully to score the underside.  I havn't opened my box, but I believe I read somewhere that the Lily's roof pieces are chipboard, not plywood, so it should be easier to curve.  I just remember with the curves part of the Glencroft roof (over the front door) I both scored the plywood and soaked it in boiling water twice to get it to curve nicely.

20 minutes ago, Marian said:

its so hard to pick one :doh:...

What Grinch told you that you could only build one?

• Like 1