• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Need wiring help!
      By JLP
      Help! I started my first dollhouse and FINALLY got to a finishing point after about a year and a half. There are still a few minor things that need done but it’s finished enough for now (I needed to finish it by Xmas for my daughter). I have made dozens of little 1:24 models in the past and am a little knowledgable in electrical (aircraft electrician over a decade ago) but have since become rusty in the topic. I opted to install 6, small LED lights into the dollhouse, connected by a series of 9v batteries. Since my other smaller models have included similar setups with the LEDs and batteries, I didn’t think this would be an impossible task. I have ordered 9V lights and hardwired them into the house, connecting them in series to 6, 9v battery housing and a switch. It had seemed a bit of overkill to me, since the smaller models often used a single AA battery for often up to 4-5 bright lights. Except, it was very dim (which I don’t mind too much, as it’s more for effect anyway) and lasted maybe 30 minutes before dying. I’m lost now on what to do. I would have to completely cut into the house and moulding to replace the wiring. Thoughts? Did I completely mess this up? Help!! I will try to post pictures of the setup. 
    • Wallpapering Over Wall Hinges?
      By AlisonJR
      Hello! 

I'm currently working on my first dollhouse. I bought this already assembled and have noticed there are hinges in the corners of most of the rooms (photos attached) some of which stick out quite  bit. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to hide these as I don't want them to show under my wallpapers. (it seems as if they were used to pull the corners of the dollhouse walls together)

Thanks!
    • Handpainted Wallpaper
      By AlisonJR
      Hi,

I am currently working on my first dollhouse. It is an Alison Jr. I am hoping to handpaint and illustrate my own wallpaper and am not sure where to start. What paper is recommended? Also wondering if a seal, specific glue is required. I was hoping to make individual entire wall sized paintings (probably with watercolour paint) that will mount to the walls as wallpaper (and won't fade over time). 
    • Out of Practice
      By jenr627
      I have built a bunch of mini homes but I think the last one I did was over 4 years ago.  I really want to get back into it, I have tons of kits that I have great ideas for but I am feeling a little panic.  I just have not done this in so long I feel like I am going to screw it up somehow.  Starting with a Buttercup cottage for a 4 year old relative.  Looking for some good tips and maybe a few words of encouragement!
      Thanks!
      Jen in NJ
    • New member introduction and first questions :)
      By miniature14
      Hi everyone,
      I am happy to join this community of all things miniature.
      A little about myself: I have a very creative mind. Ever since I was a kid, I collected toys and simulated battles or adventure stories. I think that miniatures helped me escape from reality and I was able to create my own world. However, growing up, I lost touch of this passion of mine. I hope to rediscover this passion by exploring other people's creative worlds.
      First 2 questions: Where do you usually buy your miniatures and what do you look for ?