Orchid Finished!!!

Mary S.

Bet y'all thought I left. Oh no, been busy, busy busy. Work on real house (hired someone to do it, but I still had to move "stuff", so got rid of a lot of junk; this took 2 weeks. The Orchid is not really finished, still needs a few bits of trim, but must be 99.8% done. Working on furniture now. What I have will not fit in the kitchen, don't know for sure how to fix that. Will make the bay window a seat for lounging as well as seating for dining. Probably 2 small corner cabinets? for dishes etc. Any ideas/suggestions for decoration, furniture, or anything else will be greatly appreciated. I made a door knob for the front door, but will have to make another, 'cause now I cannot find the first one. Working on Kris C.'s shabby chic bed right now, then a wardrobe, night stand and dressing table, a comfortable chair and ottoman for the gable, with lamp and bookcase. I've really missed everyone and am glad to be back. Next up will be the remake of the doll's wardrobe into something pretty, probably a dressmakers shop.In the closet (now that there is room) is the Lafayette for later.

It is also time to sew for back to school. Here is my lineup: girls Sara 17, Steff 15, Renee 14, Kaelie 8, Alana 5. Boys Jeremy 15, Andrew 6. The babies: Ansley 3, Petra 1,  Aiden 1, Callie 2 and twin girls 5 months. The oldest graduated last spring. Some of these are foster kids, but I am grandma and claim them all while they are with us (not mine, my daughter).

• Like 3

Glad to have you back Mary! you must be having a blast with your Orchid, I am more a builder and less a decorator, but this is how set my Orchid before I sold it. This can give you an idea of what can fit in there. Congrats for all your kids, for sure they do not allow you to be bored!!:D

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG