DeAgostini European Palace

kathi17

When I got to some of the last kits for my ryokan, there was this insert in one of the kits.

It looks like DeAgostini started a subscription for this house in 2007. I would love to have it, the detail looks amazing! So far, I can't find anything out about it on the internet.

Has anyone ever seen one of these completed?

large.palace1.jpg.9c9e64afed430bcea5867e

large.palace2.jpg.6507684d23e5f80d8d6b71

It looks like an amazing house, and the furniture is gorgeous!

If I go by the picture with the woman - it should be 1/12. Average height of a human head is somewhere between 9 and 10 inches. 

• Like 1

The "fingers on the furniture" shots make it look half scale...but maybe she is just holding a tiny coffee table. She is also standing a bit far back from the house. Hmmmm...If it was half scale it would be great, too. Diningroom looks really elegant.

Jenn, I went by 'how many times her head would fit into the three-story building...... and figured about three times.

See us being all scientific......... hahahahaha. 

I can read a little Japanese so I did a little bit of digging and found a couple things:

first, this grainy video of the house someone built

http://deagostini.jp/ 

The only place selling the complete sets looks to be Japan yahoo auctions :/

http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%94%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%83%AC%E3%82%B9/0/

Hi, I remember seeing this being sold in many stores around here at the time, thought about trying but ended up missing on it. It seams it did not have very good reviews at the time because apparently several of the details shown in the final house were not included in the collection.

I have found two videos of the whole house completed if you are interested, they are in spanish. The description says "This is the famous dollhouse palace from Agostini, which was for many people a deception. In the collection they only sent some wood bits and furniture (not everything you see here): the materials, finishes and many other details you were supposed to buy and make yourself. After 3 years of looking for materials, making the missing parts etc, this was the result."

From what I can see it is likelly that the collection this user bought was the same being sold in my country, they added a lot of extras and the result looks very lovelly in my opinion. I also found it in blogs from my country and the reviews aren't very good, from missing parts to furniture not being accurate to 1:12 scale. Some people managed to make interesting projects with it thou, like this haunted dollhouse: http://obecayknab.blogspot.pt/2008/08/casa-fantasma.html

I don't know about the Japanese edition, but you can probably still find bits of the European release in auctions or so. 

Hope this helps :)