Just purchased the Greenleaf Westville!

TMarie

4 minutes ago, rbytsdy said:

The Westville is a great little house-- I had alot of fun with my build. I do have a note in my blog that I wasn't careful enough to keep the staircase square, which caused sometroublew

5 minutes ago, rbytsdy said:

The Westville is a great little house-- I had alot of fun with my build. I do have a note in my blog that I wasn't careful enough to keep the staircase square, which caused some troubles.

I was thinking about lighting? With this house would it be something a beginner could manage? Thanks for your input. 

1 hour ago, Luanne said:

The detail a person puts into a house always amazes me! That was your first?! Wow, nice!

21 hours ago, armymom166 said:

Hi, Tina, and welcome!  I have purchased a Westville but have not started it yet, so I am excited to see your build as well as the advice from others.  :0)

So am I! A lot of great people on here. This will be my 3rd one! Exciting!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MLI Designs said:

I love that house. I want it but have too many houses in my stash to hoard another 

I love the looks of it, not sure where it's going yet! I will have to built it while I figure it out! 

• Like 1

Hi, I think you have made a great choice and I'm sure will look lovelly! I have been thinking about getting this kit myself for a future project, in all the pictures I've seen look it looks so cute and charming.

Regarding lights, I am curious if a plug strip would fit under the stairs. I personally like the roundwire method because I find it safe and easy to use, if it could be hidden behind that cupboard in the structure that's probably one option I would look into. Hope you have fun making this lovelly house! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Hi, I think you have made a great choice and I'm sure will look lovelly! I have been thinking about getting this kit myself for a future project, in all the pictures I've seen look it looks so cute and charming.

Regarding lights, I am curious if a plug strip would fit under the stairs. I personally like the roundwire method because I find it safe and easy to use, if it could be hidden behind that cupboard in the structure that's probably one option I would look into. Hope you have fun making this lovelly house! :) 

I looked the lights up on Amazon and they are out of the plug strip type so I guess I will have to use what's available when I reach that step. I will definitely be following your builds! Thanks for your input.

On 7/27/2016, 12:24:25, Luanne said:

I was deciding between the Laurel and the Westville.  I know it'd be a tougher build for my 1st, but its charm won me over.

You did a great job with the Laurel in your album. :) 

Thanks! I had a little difficulty with my first so The Laural seemed like the easy choice not to mention the price was great. I had fun with it and my daughter wanted to help so I had her do the flower boxes. The Westville I'm going to take my time and add lighting and do more than I did on the others.