Your favorite

Marian

5 hours ago, Marian said:

I've been doing a lot of reading,looking and learning on the site. Amazing the houses you all have done. One question I have is what is your favorite dollhouse you've done? 

My favorites (so far) are the Glencroft and the Magnolia with their elegant stairways, the Westville for its overall design and the Sugarplum for its downright cuteness.

• Like 1

Each house speaks to you differently and I think they reflect where you are at that part of your life. For instance, when I built the Laurel, my friend (34 years old) was dying from cancer - I cried as I sanded and painted. The positive, creative energy from building has allowed me to grow mentally and emotionally. Each house has been made with a deep love that I think (hope) is transferred to its new owner. So, a lot like Kathie, I can't choose my favorite, because each build has been therapeutic in its own way. 

• Like 5

It is hard to choose because each carries special meaning, But I have a few that I cannot see myself parting with, they are all highly unusual or scratch built,

• Like 3

Each is my favorite as I'm working on it, so right now the Chanticleer has been getting most of my attention. I do love it when I'm able to make my vision reality like I did with Tudor Cottage. That house (and 3 Bears) were inspired by real life houses. It's very gratifying when everything goes together as planned, even after the hiccups :D 

• Like 2

I haven't done enough yet to have a favourite!  However I must say my poor Pierce, which I have loved for so long (over 1 1/2 yrs now and is still not finished) has been pushed to the side somewhat as I'm focussing what little time I have on my new scratch build treehouse!  So I guess I agree with the others - my current one is my favourite!  :D 

• Like 3