My $1 dh has finally spoken!

shamrockgirl18

Over a year ago, I scored a dh for $1 from Goodwill. It was a no-brainer purchase, but I couldn't decide what to do with it. I as longing to do another haunted house, but I just couldn't decide on a theme: abandoned old home, crime scene, all things creepy with witches and vampires, etc.

It's been sitting in my workshop. I did paint it a blistery gray with the help of crackle paint but it still didn't look right to me.

The house has finally spoken though! It wants to be like the home in Beetlejuice, where the Maitlands live!

Most of the house will have the farmhouse decor that's seen early in the movie, so I can funish it with some easy to find pieces and some random things I have stowed away, but the bedroom will be Lydia Deetz's, so I can do a funky purple and black color scheme. And of course the attic has to have a miniature town.

I am really regretting that I painted the house gray because now I'm going to have to go back and re-paint it, and probably do some siding which I've never done before so it's going to be time consuming and tedious.  .  .but maybe if I work on the inside and the outside at the same time I can have some fun while the outside gets re-habbed.

Here's a link to the $1 DH gallery, although there aren't many photos in it: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7236

• Like 1