replacement doors for Tennyson dh

I scored a Tennyson dh from Goodwill a little over a year ago- it recently spoke to me and said it wants to be a Beetlejuice house. 

I'm working on the interior now, but when it comes time for the exterior work, I'm going to have to purchase some replacement doors, at the very least.

The house was assembled, but was very bare bones. It had no windows, window frames, doors or trim. I'm planning to do some siding using the fiber tack strip method (my first time doing siding- pray for me!) so I have a little while before I need to buy them, BUT

I've been looking at the nice dh doors that Hobby Lobby sells and was wondering if any of you have used those doors for the Tennyson. If so, did they fit well?

Any suggestions for replacing the windows and doors are appreciated- this is going to be my biggest rehab yet!:eek:

The Laurel I acquired (for $2) had its one door glued shut (the other door, like the porch parts, was never there) and removing the rest of the hot glue to disassemble the house destroyed the windows, which were also made with hot glue.  Rather than carve on the remaining house to fit component doors & windows, I made replacements from basswood:

Making the front door:  2building doors

and thus began empowerment.  I didn't even bother with the kit doors and windows for my Washington 2.0 farmhouse.

• Like 1

I have started bashing 2 Tennysons into one house.   Have the main body done, then it stopped talking to me.  I will eventually get back to her. I gave added house works doors to other greenleaf houses with no real issues.  I cover the difference in thickness with trim on the inside.   A hobby lobby door will work. They are thicker than the thin wood but trim hides all. 

• Like 1

I have also used shims between the Houseworks door frames & the kit walls.  If one were to use posterboard or matboard for templates for the wall treatments, that would also make up the needed thickness.