Very cool sand castle house commercial

Debora59

I've seen this commercial several times and wondered how it was made. I'm guessing the house is made of wood or foam core board or heavy mat board and covered with a glued-on layer of sand or finished with a sandstone-type spray paint. Would love to see behind the scenes with this one. However it was done, it is one heckuva house, right down to the sand inhabitants. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I've seen this commercial several times and wondered how it was made. I'm guessing the house is made of wood or foam core board or heavy mat board and covered with a glued-on layer of sand or finished with a sandstone-type spray paint. Would love to see behind the scenes with this one. However it was done, it is one heckuva house, right down to the sand inhabitants. 

The working sand fountain is impressive also!

SherlockJo.gif~c100 Mystery sovled

The special FX artist is:  Jim Logiudice

Sand mansion prop. (Geico Commercial)

tumblr_o9id34aLRF1sgkr7xo9_500.jpg

This sand sculpture was sculpted out of 4 lb urethane foam and detailed with CNC cut mdf (wood) architectural details. Sand was brought in from the filming location and spray glued onto the mansion along with some toy figures and cars.  Sand flowed out of the mini sand fountain by simply blowing sand through a long flexible tube.

He, also did the Fiat commercial with the RGTs Bungalow.

...lots of commercial & movie work on his website...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mesp2k said:

SherlockJo.gif~c100 Mystery sovled

The special FX artist is:  Jim Logiudice

Sand mansion prop. (Geico Commercial)

tumblr_o9id34aLRF1sgkr7xo9_500.jpg

This sand sculpture was sculpted out of 4 lb urethane foam and detailed with CNC cut mdf (wood) architectural details. Sand was brought in from the filming location and spray glued onto the mansion along with some toy figures and cars.  Sand flowed out of the mini sand fountain by simply blowing sand through a long flexible tube.

He, also did the Fiat commercial with the RGTs Bungalow.

...lots of commercial & movie work on his website...

Yes the bungalow that fits into the trunk of the car, I like that commercial also

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Thanks, Mike!  Knowing how it's done doesn't spoil the magic.

I'd like to visit that studio.  Heck, I'd like to live at that studio.  That kinda' stuff fascinates me!