Storefront Kit

Mimajo

I want to make a tailor shop from the 1940's.

My grandfather came from Naples, Italy in the late 20's.  He played the clarinet in a band at first, then finally realized his dream and opened his tailor shop in Brooklyn NY in the 40's.  I have his peddle operated Singer sewing machine, hard to believe he made men's suits on it!  Anyway, I want to (one day) duplicate his tailor shop in miniature.  I've been sketching the store as I remember it, unfortunately there are no pictures of the interior.

The storefront had a large window on either side of the door which was set back.  I have a tiny picture that I am going to scan and try to enlarge to start album

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a storefont kit?

Thanks,

Jo

Don't what I did with that last post......

Just ordered the Houseworks Two Window Shop.  Will be doing bashing, trim, second floor, etc.

The Cerveny looked perfect, I am going to use it to copy the trim.  The video seemed to show that the front was already assembled, is that right!

Thanks again.

I deleted the weird post!

Yep, the front comes preassembled on the Miniland roomboxes. I haven't seen one in person but that's probably true of the Houseworks roombox too.

I researched myself for hours for a storefront.  I knew if I posted on the forum someone would have a suggestion.

I didn't expect so many to research for me, I should have known.  Everyone on these boards is so helpful.  I just hope I can be as helpful as I get more experienced.

Thanks everyone.  My Cerveny is on it's way.

• Like 1

I have the Landygo, the larger version of the Cerveny, and it is a great kit.  I did attach the front and left the back open and then cut a solid piece of wood for the roof for hanging my lovely chandeliers.  I am bricking the exterior with individual real bricks.  It will, some day, be a Victorian bakery and tea shop.

I guess I checked in too early this morning - I used the "unread function'" of the forum and all I read was:

...'lots of research and picking up my Dad;s brain for details...'   Jo, I had to read over it three times to figure out what you meant.... hahahahaha