Dollhouse identification help!

8 posts in this topic

So I found this dollhouse at a consignment shop in Goderich, Ontario. There are no labels/identifying marks. Can anyone help me i.d.  it? I believe it is either vintage and in great condition or created in a vintage look. 

2 hours ago, Teamskills said:

So I found this dollhouse at a consignment shop in Goderich, Ontario. There are no labels/identifying marks. Can anyone help me i.d.  it? I believe it is either vintage and in great condition or created in a vintage look. 

Kind of hard without pictures...  Is this a kit or a built dollhouse?

Would you like to introduce yourself to all of us in the Newcomers' Forum?

1 person likes this

After a few more posts you will be allowed to post photographs. This is a wonderful group to ask. Very knowledgeable. Welcome.

1 person likes this

Every time I see this topic, I think I'm going to finally see the pictures. :dunno: I guess she left us. 

Well, it is difficult to ID something we can't see...

1 person likes this

This new format is hard to navigate with photos. That's why Im not on nearly as much as I was. It wasnt broken. They needed to leave it the way it was.

10 minutes ago, KariW said:

This new format is hard to navigate with photos. That's why Im not on nearly as much as I was. It wasnt broken. They needed to leave it the way it was.

I have no problems with it at all. Have you set your preferences? If you need assistance, let me know.

Kari because of spammers & hackers & viruses & updates other nasties the techs have to upgrade the site to keep up.  It's too bad a lot of times the features we use get lost or changed along the way.  It would be helpful if they could let us know what's changed, but with so many members accessing the forum with different devices and using different features it's probably impossible to keep up.  Just noodle through the best you can.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures shop!
      By tinystuff4me
      Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures & Dolls
      Located in the Historic District!
      Aurora Oregon 
      What a whirlwind of craziness it's been around here!  Here is a bit of what's new.....
      I am thrilled to announce that Mike Clarizio's magnificent Chandeliers and table lamps are here!  If you want the finest gold plated Swarovski Crystal Chandelier for your Dollhouse, these are exquisite. The table lamps are beautiful too!
      I admit I went a little crazy at an auction, I'll let all the pictures speak for themselves.  If you see anything your interested in PM me, give me a description and I'm sure we can make a deal.
      Decorating for the Holidays in Aurora is a big deal. I am doing my best with all the spare time I have...haha
      Thanksgiving weekend is open house in every shop here in town. If you live in the area come visit and have some hot cider and a cookie or 2!
      I have had people give me a bad time (jokingly) that I don't post often enough. I promise to try harder. When you wear every hat it doesn't leave much time. I was even a full day late for the time change...talk about confusing! 
      There is never a time that I just sit. Even in the evening I may pop in a movie, but there is a tray on my lap. Sorting, research and pricing until I fall asleep. You should see the boxes of my own projects. I keep saying I will take a Wendy day and play....
      I have the bookeeping, cleaning....can you imagine the dust in a house built in 1904 with a furnace that's as old as the hills!  It's got a huge antique floor grate and I swear I see the dust bunnies waving hello as they fly by!
      I also study. There is so much to learn about miniatures and Dollhouses (of course my vintage and antique Dolls too) I wonder if people know how far back in history they go? The famous people who have had and thoes who do still share our passion?  I wish all thoes mini walls could talk! 
      I am also always taking notes as I I remember something, learn something new or hear a story from a customer. With all my memories from my childhood and thoes as an adult, I plan on putting them into a book one day.  It's funny, just in this last year 4 people have asked if I have one out or have said I need to. Who knows, maybe one day. 
      I am still looking for help in the shop. I have a fellow collector that comes in when she can, but I want at least 1 or 2 more. Part time, once in awhile...
      I'm easy! 
      My friend Jim is coming to help the first part of December. He is "that" Jim Larson builder of the famous Ship...The Miniscule in the shop and a 100 other pieces of his art.
      He says he has to come and fix my front counter...it's not as high as the cabinet next to it and it's making him crazy!  He is fun to have around and customers love to talk to him about his art.
      Well, now that I have chatted till your crazy I'll close for now.
      I'll be back soon, promise!
      Enjoy all the pictures!! 
      Your mini friend, Wendy  
      Hmmmm...for some reason I'm not having luck attaching any pictures. I do have them all posted on the shops facebook page.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1384079495029573&id=1218761951561329
    • Doll Ranch House. Craft Pattern by A. Neely Hall
      By Jacqui
      I'm looking for a copy of the Craft Pattern "Doll Ranch House" by A. Neely Hall. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?  It doesn't have to be the original plans.  Thanks!
    • Beacon Hill Haunted Mansion Exterior
      By my minnie me
      I finished the exterior!  I put bricks around the porch foundation but I ran out.  Not sure if I will do the rest of the foundation with more bricks or just leave it. I'm kind of anxious to do more on the interior at this point.  LOL!
    • My new project
      By IveNoClue
      I think I finally figured out how to put photos on. 
      The first pic, with the stained siding and red shutters is how the dollhouse came to me. It is a kit from the 1980s that my father-in-law bought because his wife always wanted one and needed a project. Unfortunately she was ill and couldn't really work on it, but he did the build, siding, roofing, chimney and the staining. It's been in his basement ever since. He asked us to take a bunch of stuff from his house - clearing out so he can move to Florida, possibly - and was happy when I agreed to take the dollhouse. 
      My mom also did a kit house from the 80s, and made it a Victorian paradise...except for her big fat cat who liked to chew tiny furniture and sit her big behind in the parlor. I honestly don't know what became of my mom's after she passed. I'll have to ask my siblings. I was living in another country back then so I don't know where anything went. But I feel like I'm continuing a project from my own family and my husband's family.
      Pic 2 is the first coat of blue I put on because I really hate stained siding. My version of this Colonial will be modern - something I'd want to live in - not period-correct like my in-laws were planning. The shutters are gone and I will be buying some louvered ones which will be black. The front door was broken so I bought another and it's glossy black paint is drying right now.
      Oh and I've since staged a miniature hurricane that ripped all the cedar shingles off the roof. I want asphalt. Luckily most of them came off without breakage so they'll be saved for something else. 
      The 3rd pic is of the really filthy windows. Decades of being in the basement and being exposed to cigarette smoke left the windows orangey brown and it didn't come off with multiple tries at cleaning. I managed to get the "glass" out by only sacrificing a little wood trim (woot!) and will cut new mylar. Please note that I have my own big fat cat that is showing more interest in this project than I'd like. That's Esmé you can see through the window closeup. She's the deaf, problem cat. (I have two cats. The other hasn't shown any interest.)
      Does anyone recognize the kit? 

• The Orchid Tea Room
      By Minigirl
      Someone suggested newbies start a thread about their build and ask questions so that everything would be in one place for them as they work on their projects. Sounds like a great idea so here is mine. I am building the orchid with the intent it be a tea room or tea room and gifts shop. The exterior will be painted in a true Victorian color scheme of rose tones, cream/white, and gray. I wanted to paint my own Victorian house in this palette but the Victorian next door to me is painted orange, yellow and brown. Color clash with my pinks. I opted for greens, beige, cream with a deep red burgundy accent in real life.
      The first floor will be a kitchen and dining room with a conservatory out the end of the dining room for additional seating/garden area. The upstairs will either be a bed and bath living quarters for the shop owner or a bath and gift/shop area. I haven't decided for sure yet. I have many questions and hope you all will be able to help out and give me your ideas, opinions and web sources. I have been reading like mad the past few weeks to learn about things I don't know about like wiring and lighting etc. Yes I am cross eyed at this point so it's time to ask questions. I would like to paper the house with Victorian damask or floral type papers and have not found exactly what I want.  I checked out miniature.com, Earth and Tree along with ebay and many printable paper sites. I didn't find anything I was in love with for this project so I thought I would make my own papers. I found some beautiful images to use and take to a printer to print out since I don't have a laser printer. I have only been able to find one short video without sound on how to do this. I need more info. Like what to set the dpi for if I want to print on legal size paper and how to cut the image to make the pattern repeat. I have gimp but would be willing to download something else if someone here knows how to use different software. There are tons of videos on how to use gimp but I don't know what other terms to search for to find the right video to set up for large paper printing and making my pattern repeat. Any suggestions? Even printing out on 8.5 x 11 would be fine since I am going to plug and play my electrical and use corner molding to hide wiring. Been a long time since I used gimp so I don't mind learning things again.
      While researching lighting, I found warm white led bulbs but not cool white or daylight led. Do they exist? I may put some of these in the ceiling as can lights around a focal point Victorian type of light fixture in the dining room. I'm also interested in making some of my own light fixtures and led would work perfectly for this. Are there any in particular lights you would recommend for this purpose or suppliers. I think I can plug and play led bulbs. If I am wrong, please let me know.
      I have hung lots of wallpaper in real life and rewired my fair share of antique lights and chandeliers so I think I'm ready to tackle a dollhouse. Thanks in advance you wonderful mini makers!
      Please help me with these two dilemmas. 1. wallpaper 2.led bulbs/lighting.