San Fran 555 decorating

thresadep

The other day it rained a lot here and the roof in my garage leaked some on my doll house. Luckily nothing awful. I was able to fix a few floor strips that warped. The kitchen wall has a bit of a bubble and a slight start of a tear. ( I used scrapbook paper for wallpaper. )   I have a few questions....

First- should I rip out the wallpaper or leave it?

Second- I am not happy with the windows inside. I never realized the way these windows are set up, the inside is different color. So both inside and out are pink shades. I like the soft yellow trim color a lot and thinking,should I carefully repaint the inside kitchen windows that color or keep them as they are? I can live with the color but as I said, not happy. It's going to be a huge pain also if I repaint. 

Third- the windows again.lol....they don't fit smooth inside.  ( not sure you can tell from pic) should I reframe them all? I can get some balsa wood.  Or just leave them alone?  

IMG_20160731_203030.jpg

IMG_20160731_202953.jpg

Hi Thresa, sorry to hear that your house got rained on. I believe that I'd replace that wallpaper if it were I. As for the window frames, I know what you mean about the colors and the non-smoothness. If you decide to repaint, I'd do it while you still have decent access to them. Otherwise, full draperies are a good option. (That's what I did. :p )

So sorry to hear about your house!  I am glad the damage was relatively minor. 

I would replace the wallpaper while everything is opened up.  Will you be using the same paper?  That might help determine if you want to repaint or not.

Thanks for replies.

Looks like I am redoing the wall. ;)  I will use same wallpaper.  Once floor stain and sealed, I will tackle this. 

Drapes it is! I can't stand the thought of repainting those windows.  

Hi, when I rescued my San Fran 555 it did not have windows and I did not have any parts, I bought them from Hobby Builders and got several types for architectural interest.  They did not fit the openings and I needed a carpenters help to fit them in , and like you pointed out, there were gaps inside which I hid with thin wood strips.    It turned out nicely. Hard to show you though with drapies affixed; good luck~

SanFran3 (2).JPG

SanFran4 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. I can use the pics as a visual guide.  

I did redo the kitchen wall. Ran out of the original paper I used so now it's a different color. Did repaint the kitchen bay windows.  Need a few more coats of paint but I like it better. 

I have to say anyone doing this house, be aware of the inside walls ,trim and windows  view when decorating.  Hope I make sense.  Like the windows are one assembled piece. The outside view and inside view.  Painting one color all over ..front and back..may not compliment the inside view.  

• I can post an updated pic soon. Still have to put right wall back on. Hope this goes smoothly or my front yard will have a doll house decoration. :cry:lol