I have a problem

Marian

I've run into a problem with the Washington. On the front and  back  part of the roof...there are three tabs and slots to slide into. Well the back part of the house is missing a tab. I just can't get the roof to slide into the position tightly. The side panels won't sit down flush with the front triangular pieces. Not sure how to fix this. I've enclosed a photo hoping it shows the gap. :crazyeyes:

Edited by Marian
Typo

I have another question . The lattice around the bottom of the porch front had a broken piece when I opened the kit. I glued them all back together. I'd really like to find a field stone or brick covering for it. Is there a place I can buy the tiny brick? Ive decided the stairs will go directly in front of the door. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would turn that front foundation piece around so the steps will be in front of the door.  I didn't punch out the lattice; I primed it and used my sandpaper "bricks" I cut from garnet sandpaper.

• Like 1

Now that DS has emailed me a copy of his photo of a house they saw on their trip to Tuscany I'm also hoarding papermache egg cartons & packing material to make the stones.  Much easier to get right than my usual spackle version.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Now that DS has emailed me a copy of his photo of a house they saw on their trip to Tuscany I'm also hoarding papermache egg cartons & packing material to make the stones.  Much easier to get right than my usual spackle version.

I love how we all freely admit to hoarding here, makes me feel right at home. I have to clean up the workshop today and always make new discoveries among the things I've "collected."

I wish I could have sent you some egg cartons. Jumbo eggs here have fallen to $1.19 a dozen. So I've been picking up two dozen every month. At one point I had cartons stacked neck high before I finally threw them all out.

Try making a cheesecake or two. The one I make uses 5 eggs (and strawberries are in season now). Or even better, there's a caramel dessert that uses 9 egg yolks. Let me know if you want those recipes. And three servings of French toast and scrambled eggs will run through a carton, too. LOL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thresadep said:

Looks like this week I'm eating a lot of eggs. Lol

Egg cartons are not the only source. Casey uses the trays she gets at the refreshment counter when she and her DH go to the movies. Same paper pulp material, but more flat area good for stones. Look for similar drink carriers at fast food restaurants. Some boxed items come with molded paper pulp packing rather than styrofoam, electronics, especially. 

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

Egg cartons are not the only source. Casey uses the trays she gets at the refreshment counter when she and her DH go to the movies. Same paper pulp material, but more flat area good for stones. Look for similar drink carriers at fast food restaurants. Some boxed items come with molded paper pulp packing rather than styrofoam, electronics, especially. 

Yes..so smart. Thankd 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll skip the bricks for this build. I do have another question. Do I stain the shingles or paint them and what color would be good for them? The main house is white and the window trim and lower roof is green. I'm just kind of lost on the color for the roof.

Which glue do I use for the glue?

Edited by Marian