Hi!

maddcatter

Hi, everyone!

I'm overwhelmed by all the great information here! When I was thirteen-ish, my dad and I built a Duracraft Linfield together. It was a lot of fun, and a good father/daughter experience, but we had no clue what we were doing. I just started dabbling in miniatures and houses again because I'd like to renovate the Linfield for my best friend's daughter when she's a little older. She's two so I have some time, but it'll need a lot of work.

Last week I assembled a 1/144 Northeastern Scale Models Cape May house. I broke most of the pieces at least once, but still had a lot of fun doing it. I've also acquired quite a few  Xacto House of Miniatures kits that I'm looking forward to working on for the Linfield. And... I'm thinking about getting a 1/24 house for myself.

• Like 1

The house my MIL gave to me in the mid 70's sat in a closet until I finally fixed it up and gave it to my girlfriend's daughter for Christmas one year. Ten years later the daughter didn't want it anymore so I took it back and made my marble stone house. It is my forever house, now.

Welcome to the little family, Kara.  There's not a whole lot of furniture kits available in 1:24, but the 1:12 plans in some of the books out there can easily be scaled down; I made most of the furniture I put into my 1:24 Fairfields that way.