Has anyone ever built the Queen anne from RGT ?

asherah

Neat. I have lots of room to put it in right now as I am the only one who lives here =/ Good and bad I suppose. I bet granddaughters would love it some day. I'm betting it would take forever to build tho. heh. It's huge.! 

Anne did just build one...as she is builder extraordinaire I dont think it took her very long....BUT if you are just beginning it may overwhelm you....

I have a QA and it is HUGE! mine is sitting on a Buffet and it hangs over...all over lol...

my only advice as someone who has an already built one....decorate as you go...dont build and decorate later...there are areas that isnt possible!

I want to change things and it will be an undertaking...lol....and lemme just add this 

I LOVE my Queen!

she is soon to be all white...I love her sooooooooo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuttiwebgal said:

Anne did just build one...as she is builder extraordinaire I dont think it took her very long....BUT if you are just beginning it may overwhelm you....

I have a QA and it is HUGE! mine is sitting on a Buffet and it hangs over...all over lol...

my only advice as someone who has an already built one....decorate as you go...dont build and decorate later...there are areas that isnt possible!

I want to change things and it will be an undertaking...lol....and lemme just add this 

I LOVE my Queen!

she is soon to be all white...I love her sooooooooo

Believe me I learned that lesson building my alexandria. I had to take it apart. lol. Hammer and a spatula. I need to get this loft bed out of here and set up my craft room I think. Then I can build anything I want hehe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

I have wished I had room to build one many times, does that count?

My dad has an air-compressor driven brad gun which I have used; it's a great little tool.

I lust for one of those. When I attached the porch roof to Bramble, I had to put in 18 nails to get just 3 of them in there. When Lisa came over to help me prime the house, I had to pull 2 of those 3 out and replace them because they had bent on the way in and were sticking out. .

15 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I lust for one of those. When I attached the porch roof to Bramble, I had to put in 18 nails to get just 3 of them in there. When Lisa came over to help me prime the house, I had to pull 2 of those 3 out and replace them because they had bent on the way in and were sticking out. .

Nail holes in 3/8" thick wood need to be pre-drilled or punched.  I use a center punch, my favorite one is from Home Depot.  Nails will then go in very easily,

• Like 2

That's what I should be doing. I haven't ever pre-drilled any nail holes yet and while I've always managed to get those suckers in, I sure waste a lot of nails in the meantime. But it's not so much getting the things in there - it's getting them in where they belong and standing on my head trying to nail something in a corner. I'm seriously thinking foamcore for my next house......