Howdy, from Dallas Texas

SJDeluke

Hello all.  I've been browsing the forum (what a Godsend!) and am thrilled to join the community and embark on this journey.

I've always wanted a dollhouse and actually had one at about 12 or 13 that my Mom and I started together.  Unfortunately we only got as far as the foundation and due to a lack of space it never made any progress and eventually got trashed after several moves.   Fast forward many years later and I now have a 14 (soon to be 15) year old daughter and I thought this would be a great project for us to do together to make memories and bond.  We're super excited about it, even my 10 yr old son wants to join in.

I purchased the Garfield which I now know is a brave first attempt but I figure if I screw it up to badly I'll just learn from it and do it again.  When I first opened the box and read the directions I thought about packing it back up.  Luckily, I instead began reading the tips and blogs here and found a starting place.  I managed to label all the pieces, get lots of supplies, and today will finally start my dry fit, which I definitely think is a must.  I would love to wire the house so I'm looking forward to learning about that and super excited about decorating and possibly making my own furniture.  I know I have a long ways to go before I reach that point but I love having a hobby to focus on now!

Thanks in advance to everyone that has forged this journey before me and has been willing to share your knowledge, input, advice and mistakes.  

See you around the forum!

Sarah

Welcome to the little family, Sarah.  You will be much happier to begin with the house that speaks to your heart,  and mistakes can be corrected.  Read over the instructions as you put your Garfield into dry fit and if you find a way to assemble that works better for you, go with it.  How lovely that your daughter wants to build it with you!