1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

That's nice! How did you make the wood curve around the seats?

Thanks Rodentraiser. The popsicle sticks are actually quite soft, especially those are selling at Dollar Stores. You can soak them in water and they will become even softer and more flexible.

Luan, it always takes me several tries to get my scratch-built chairs to sit even & level, and I have used the craft sticks laid side by side to make bars,

the bar

wainscots

the parlor

and doors.

bedroom flooring

Your table & chairs turned out very well!

I found a set of flat buttons to use for dishes, and one larger, matching button to use as a platter for table sittings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Luan, it always takes me several tries to get my scratch-built chairs to sit even & level, and I have used the craft sticks laid side by side to make bars,

the bar

wainscots

the parlor

and doors.

bedroom flooring

Your table & chairs turned out very well!

I found a set of flat buttons to use for dishes, and one larger, matching button to use as a platter for table sittings.

Thank you, Havanaholly. I guess you didn't notice that the chairs I made weren't level because of the camera angle :) . I had never thought of using flat buttons for dishes and it was a simple yet, great idea. I will definitely use it in the future :)

On 1 September 2016 at 20:51:04, Luan Nguyen said:

Hello every, I've attempted to make miniature dining table out of popsicle sticks and toothpicks. I'm a beginner so this YouTube clip is more like my learning experiences that I would like to share. Feel free to leave your feedbacks. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS1e6VF8fA20160626_132757.jpg

You 'attempted' successfully Luan. Nice delicate piece of work.

3 hours ago, Myangela said:

Very nice!  I sometimes use seamstress pins as nails to help the glue hold things together.  If you snip off the head on the pin you can push the pin flush with the surface.  

I did that when I made Jane Harrop's dining table:

parlor 2.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myangela said:

Very nice!  I sometimes use seamstress pins as nails to help the glue hold things together.  If you snip off the head on the pin you can push the pin flush with the surface.  

Thank you for you suggestion, Myangela. I'm totally new at this so I have a lot to learn from everyone here. I really like the idea of using pins as nails because I don't thing glue is strong enough for most of my future projects.

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:17:26, Luan Nguyen said:

Thanks Rodentraiser. The popsicle sticks are actually quite soft, especially those are selling at Dollar Stores. You can soak them in water and they will become even softer and more flexible.

You can just call me Kelly. Thank  you for the tip. I'll definitely have to remember that one.

6 hours ago, Luan Nguyen said:

Your dollhouse looks awesome. Right now I just don't have the expertise and the right tools to make one like yours. Hopefully in the future :)

With your furniture mking skills you already show the "expertise".  My ools for that house were primarily my Stanley utility nife with retractable blade:

Image result for stanley utility knife

and my sanding block.

• Like 1