Already stumped, Garfield kitchen steps

10 posts in this topic

I started the dry fit on my foundation but I'm a little unclear on the kitchen step directions.  I searched and saw where someone else asked for an illustration but when I click on the link provided in a response it was no longer working.  Anybody have a picture of this part?

Did you do a search for Garfield? I know there is a blog for it. Also do a YouTube search. 

I'm referencing a blog, still just not a clear cut picture of it.  I didn't think about YouTube though, thanks for the tip.

Well, that didn't help.  I didn't find anything.  Thinking I'll just skip this for now, not like I'm gluing anything anyway.  Hopefully someone will rescue me with better directions/photos before I need to glue.  

With all the Garfield builders on this forum (of which I'm not one) someone is bound to come along & help you out!

5 hours ago, Mimajo said:

Try this blog, she goes step by step.  Helped alot with my first build, the Beacon Hill.

http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2009/03/garfield-day-1.html#.V8mZ5ev3arU

Definitely following her blog as I build.  I just wasn't positive I was seeing it correctly.  After sleeping on it I figured out why I was having such a hard time on figuring it out, I was thinking my foundation was presently upside down, not right side up.  I'm laughing at the hilarity of my mistake now, but glad it only took one night of sleep to figure it out.

2 people like this

We all do the ...why is this not fitting??. Getting frustrated then realize it was a simple mistake.  Lol

I did this fitting my tower. I was like..wt*!! Then I flipped the wood strip right side up. Silly me had it upside down. Doh! 

Things like this is what makes great laughable moments. 

I also ran into major confusion with this step putting together my foundation, having it upside down was really throwing me.  Thankfully a couple hours of staring at the pictures in the instruction manual and the right side up pictures on the box I had my moment of clarity and it made sense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Fairfield, McKinley, Garfield - Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque
      By Talina
      I have two partial kits-Fairfield and McKinley-free. I also have a Garfield that has been started. Whoever started it has done a beautiful job so far.all the punched out parts are bagged and labeled. Not really shippable,but willing to meet people part way (located between Santa Fe and Albuquerque). Want a totally reasonable amount. Mostly want it to move on. Contact me for pictures,as I don't seem to upload pics.
    • Dollhouse Bases
      By third_hand
      Howdy everyone! I've been especially quiet on here lately (mostly lurking ) on account of work and family changes in RL. My Orchid is near structural completion. The interior is ready for furniture and tiny, lovely things, but I'm still working on the porch (bashed from a few scraps and some constructions of my own) and some of the gingerbread. Of course, this progress story excludes shingles, but I'll get to them! So, in short, though my member album is currently empty I hope to have photos up soon! I've been stubborn and wanted to wait until the build was "ready" before taking photos . I'm learning (the hard way) there's no such thing!
      However, in order to get this exterior finished (including my greenhouse and 'cellar' additions), I need a little help! What do y'all use for bases on your lovely little homes? Do folks normally use plywood or some form of foam? How far out beyond the house's foundation do folks generally build the base? In order to support the additions, I think it would be best to have my base in place before I attach them to the sides of the house (unless, of course, you all don't feel it's necessary). Also, is there any particular base that is better/worse for landscaping?
      Happy to hear your thoughts or be guided to a helpful thread  Hope everyone is having a pleasant summer so far! 
    • Hello from Idaho!
      By MiniGiggles
      Just saying hello and introducing myself. I'm pretty new to miniatures. I've always loved little things but it wasn't until my sister got a huge 1:12 scale dollhouse from a member of her community that I realized miniatures was a hobby. At that point I got myself The Fairfield and I haven't looked back! I'm still working on my Fairfield and a few days ago I got The Garfield from a lady in my own town for an awesome price. I've wanted The Garfield ever since I've laid eyes on it so I snatched it when I had the chance, even though I'm still working on my Fairfield. Unfortunately, whoever put together the Garfield, did a poor job and it wasn't very well cared for. Everything I've found so far has been put together with hot glue, it's got tabs out of slots, pieces coming off,'s got some damage to multiple windows, shingles and a few doors. It's also missing a few pieces here and there. I'm excited to clean and fix it up but worried about some changes I want to make. I want to alter some of the layout during repairs but not sure how much I can do without breaking the house further. 
    • Wallpaper and Flooring
      By beanball76
      Question - Should I wallpaper and floor as I build or do it at the end? 
    • Repairs to Garfield Mansion
      By karenf
      I made a major mistake when I started my Garfield about 3 years ago....the instructions said to use hot glue, so I did. Shortly after I began I decided to do some online research and found out it was a bad idea.    I worked up to the top floor and noticed there are gaps between wall and floor sections and the roof tabs won't fit in some of their slots.  I think it is because the base isn't straight or the glue was applied too liberally and walls are not square in some places.  I imagine the only way to correct this is to take it all apart and start over. Where would you start; should I separate certain sections in a particular order, removing the glue residue with a hair dryer and rebuilding with carpenter's glue?  Luckily, I have been dissatisfied with the finishes I put in each room (paint, wallpaper, flooring), so I will be glad to get the opportunity to re-decorate. Any tips and advice on how to begin this demolition will be greatly appreciated!
      Karen