Competition for most splinters?

SJDeluke

I wear gloves when working with the 1:12 scale wood sheets (GL kits are usually Lauan Mahogany plywood, which is horribly splintery). I assume you're doing so, but a thorough sanding before dry fitting makes a big difference. 

But some splinters are unavoidable. By working more slowly I found I got fewer of them.

4 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I lost count.  Had to have surgery to remove one in my finger that got away from me. Nasty infection. 

Oh wow!  I usually don't even realize they are there until i rub my hand against fabric.  I slept with one last night that was incredibly sore this morning but I finally managed to get it out.

Lots of splinters, wood rash (like road rash haha), and one nasty cut on my thumb with an exacto knife...no more texturing/aging popsicle stick floors while watching netflix!  I'm just a newbie but I have a feeling I'll be playing the "Hospital or Not?" game a few more times with my husband during my currently delayed and future builds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sharyn said:

i have recently returned fromt he hospital after spending a few days in because of a splinter as it got into my finger joint.  not nice, and now on anitbiotics

Goodness, Sharyn, that must have been some kind of log! Glad to know it was excised successfully, sorry it had you hospitalized. :(:doctor: