Southern plantation

Marian

I found one exactly like yours, this one has brown floor, so if it is not the same house, which would have point to custom built, then it was from a builder that probably made several kits. I am pretty sure that somebody here will ID the house and will tell you more about it. Very nice! http://emc2interiors.blogspot.com/2012/10/stylish-houses-for-tiny-people.html

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marian said:

Thanks everyone! Kelly I actually like a Victorian over a southern mansion also. This popped up off the island here where I live. It looks like a wreck inside. 

It looks as if it came through a hurricane and flooding. All you need is a blue tarp on the roof and some water-logged furnishings and a high water line inside and out and it's good to go!

• Like 1

Kathie that made me laugh. I can picture it all in my mind. Blue tarp, water line and the family snorkeling or on floats through the house lol. Thresa nothing came up like this one. I wonder how old this is?

I tried to contact the owner. So far nothing back. Not sure I'd be up to this project. Starting bid is $9.99. No bids on it yet. 

There must have been a popular doll that fit this size of house... I was just at a second hand shop over the weekend and saw an absolutely huge dollhouse sitting in a corner.  It looked as if each of the 6 rooms was a separate section/roombox (each roombox opened in the back with a little glass door), put together on a single piece base and topped with a single-piece roof. It was def NOT 1:12 scale, but it wasn't Barbie scale (1:6) either...but possibly something in between.   Your Southern Plantation looks of similar size.

And in case you were wondering, yes, I was crawling around on the floor peeking into windows and opening each glass door, oohing and ah-ing over it and wondering how I could possibly fit it into my already cramped guest bedroom!  LOL  It was marked only $100.  And yes, it was VERY difficult for me to leave without it!

• Like 1

As soon as I heard Hall's (thank you, Carmen!), the rest of the name popped right into my head. Hall's Lifetime Toys. The name is in my miniature catalogs, although there is no Southern Mansion house there. But here is a blog with the house on it:

http://susanshouses.blogspot.com/2014/07/halls-lifetime-toys-dollhouse-1970s.html

And here is another blog with an inside pic of the house:

http://suebeesminiatures.blogspot.com/2013/06/cays-new-halls-dollhouse.html

Marian, I'd say this is who made the house. Here is some further info on Hall's, on eBay, of all places:

http://www.ebay.com/cln/redlovetoshop/halls-lifetime-toys/86620487013

Congrats on your house!

• Like 1

Kelly I didn't bid on it. I thought it might be more than I could handle. Is it a 1:12 ? I'm still working on my first kit...the Washington. But Thats  the house for sure! If anyone is interested it's on eBay. I think if it were a Victorian I'd be tempted.

iIf anyone's interested in it just type in southern colonial dollhouse on eBay.

I'm not sure, but it may be more like 3/4" to 1'. Scale can be relative, though. Most Greenleaf houses don't have in-scale stairs or porches, but that doesn't detract from their charm or make them harder to furnish. I'm getting to the point where large rooms in a dollhouse seem to me to be too large. They don't have the coziness of smaller rooms. Of course, a lot of that depends on what you put in the rooms, too.