Halloween swap!

54 posts in this topic

I wasn't watching the time. Who is in for a Halloween swap? I will wait until Monday the 19th for people to sign up. Then it will only be 3 weeks to get your item to me (October 10) - not the usual longer time. Anything goes as long as it's Halloween or haunted or scary. 

1 person likes this

1:12 or 1:24 or ?:?

uuugggg you have nooo idea how much Id like to join...but with 2 weddings to attend and one to do the flowers and cake for pretty sure my mini time will be limited...happy to volunteer as sounding board or idea bouncer....dang my fav holiday also!:cry:

Just now, nuttiwebgal said:

uuugggg you have nooo idea how much Id like to join...but with 2 weddings to attend and one to do the flowers and cake for pretty sure my mini time will be limited...happy to volunteer as sounding board or idea bouncer....dang my fav holiday also!:cry:

I, too, expressed an interest early on, but have a lot on my plate between now and Hallowe'en. I'd be happy to be a sounding board, too.

I'm always available for bouncing ideas off of.  Hallowe'en isn't my particular bowl of grits, but I enjoy making haunted scenes as much as the next person.

Halloween swap, hmm, so me, spooky Halloween or more like a fall kind of themed Halloween, ie less Gore and more pumpkin spice? 

Hugs

4 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Pimpling spice?

Oh sheesh that danged autocorrect...meant pumpkin spice! Pimpling spice would make for an interesting mix in language translations, ie pimpling in Swedish is something one does with wine  opposed to take an odd sip so to speak... 

Well in English it can refer to acne, which can be pretty frightening...

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Well in English it can refer to acne, which can be pretty frightening...

LOL now that could do for the scary Halloween inspiration....

hugs

I have not done a swap in years but I'd like to join have ideas and time now that my children are no longer toddlers 

re-read the intro posting and If it is ok with "over seas" I am in :) 

hugs

1 person likes this

Side note: Hobby Builders Supply is running a Halloween Challenge on their Facebook page through October 23, 2016. Submit a photo of your favorite miniature Halloween scene with a caption. Get lots of votes. (Tell us you've entered! :D ) Winners get gift certificates: first place $300, second place $200, third place $100.

Get details and enter here.

(Disclaimer -- I'm thinking of entering a room from my Haunted Hangout - the Washington 2.0 - if I can get a great photo.)

1 person likes this

On 9/12/2016, 5:22:40, chesterfieldzoo said:

It will be 1:12 scale. Unless everyone wanting to join wants 1:24....

Your wish is granted, Kathleen. :) 

Ok, it's a GO! I won't start a new thread, we will just continue here. So far we have Anna, Kathie B, Katluck125, and Me. 4 people. Should be easy. I don't think I need to post rules or a time frame. Just knock them out and send them to me.

Make anything you want. Scale is 1:12.

1 person likes this

Ohhhh, hmmm, now to decide upon all the ideas twirling around.... And rummage around in the stash

hugs

I got to thinking of what my Haunted Hangout could use and the lightbulb went on. :D Simple, but effective. Already have supplies for 4 sets on hand, just need to assemble.

Deana, how much money should we send for postage?

On 9/20/2016, 11:38:00, chesterfieldzoo said:

Ok, it's a GO! I won't start a new thread, we will just continue here. So far we have Anna, Kathie B, Katluck125, and Me. 4 people. Should be easy. I don't think I need to post rules or a time frame. Just knock them out and send them to me.

Make anything you want. Scale is 1:12.

Polyclay component about to go into the oven. If bake is successful, then it's assemble, glue, paint and done! Should be ready to hit the post office tomorrow.

Deana, please PM with your mailing address and the amount of return postage to be included. 

Thanks for honchoing this swap. :) 

Paint drying. One part needs a coat of polyacrylic, then all will be ready to wrap and mail.

To the other participants --- don't forget to sign and date your items, please. :) 

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Paint drying. One part needs a coat of polyacrylic, then all will be ready to wrap and mail.

To the other participants --- don't forget to sign and date your items, please. :) 

Thank you for the reminder Kathie! Hmmm, need to tweak mine a little as the prototype is in a "meh" state right now...