Westville Bay Windows

Westons Nana

Lots of glue in the joints, hold it together with masking tape while it dries, and the glue is dry fill in the gaps with wood filler. Or you can glue strip wood into the gap to create a cleaner corner (quarter round works well for this).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westons Nana said:

Thanks everyone. I tore one of the bays apart and tried the skewers. I just can't seem to get the spackle to not show through. I've primed every piece. This is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Ugh

Not show through what, exactly? I'm a bit confused. Not understanding why you had to tear the bay apart. When assembled per the instructions, there is a wedge-shaped gap between sections. The skewer (or stripwood) gets glued into that space to mostly fill it. The remaining narrow voids are filled with Spackle to make the outside wall solid and smooth. (I add the Spackle by putting a bit on a fingertip and gentle working it into the space.) A light sanding when the Spackle is thoroughly dry finishes it up. Then the wall/corner is painted, which covers the Spackle. 

Can you share a photo of the problem?

• Like 2