Pastures New

Mike, we all have those days when things come out either in spoken words or written words that one after a while wonders where they come from, so all in all Love you and am Happy that you shares your thoughts with us! :) 

hugs

Mike, someone here, and I apologize for not recalling who, has in her signature line something like: I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.

Consider this forum your own little world. We know you here, and we love you whether you're on your meds or off of them. :flowers:  Welcome back!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Mike, we all have those days when things come out either in spoken words or written words that one after a while wonders where they come from, so all in all Love you and am Happy that you shares your thoughts with us! :) 

hugs

And NEVER a need to apologize.  I have many days like that also.  I am thrilled you are back.

32 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Consider this forum your own little world. We know you here, and we love you whether you're on your meds or off of them. :flowers:  Welcome back!

So true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimajo said:

Mike,

Don't you know "Love is never having to say your sorry"?

I never have agreed with that bit of folk wisdom. To my way of thinking, sometimes a heartfelt "I'm sorry" is exactly what love requires. 

• Like 2

Mike I have sent you a PM.  We all love & appreciate the members of this family and all of their lovely work, and as Deb has pointed out, the original purpose of the gallery was to let us post our pictures there so people could check out what we're doing.  I still occasionally remember to post how & what I did with something in the picture.  Since I no longer take my own pictures (I take, as one of my dear friends was kind enough to point out, really crappy photos), I have recruited the middle son to take my pictures and talk me through posting them.  I usually only go to my own albums to find a picture to post here to illustrate a response to a question, so I only recently noticed I've been getting comments on them (thank you for all your kind words there).

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

Wow, I'm so glad you restored your albums Mike! You are such an inspiration to us all, and we really enjoy your company!

Now, put a big sign up over your computer to remind yourself never to take your albums down again, even when you aren't feeling at your best!!! And also remember what Kathie B said in my quote above. :-)

Mike, so glad you decided to stay!  I love your work and always enjoy seeing your pictures.  I've missed alot of pictures since the forum was upgraded, and many times I've just forgotten to look for them, it's something I need to get better at. Of course, now that I am older, I can totally appreciate the difficulty for old dogs to learn new tricks!  My two year old granddaughter already knows more about laptops and smart phones than I ever will!  

Glad you stuck around, I totally understand those types of days. 

10 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Have you ever asked yourself 'Now why the heck did I say that'. It's a question I put to myself more and more these days! A number of years ago I was diagnosed with a condition known as bipolar disorder and whilst that doesn't mean my toolbox is short a couple of spanners it does mean I'm prone to the occasional bout of erratic behaviour! Normally I'm quite full of the joys of a Spring day but there are occasions when all I see is black. I'm afraid right now is one of those dark times......hence the stunt that started this ridiculous thread!

I've restored my albums (Yet again) and I've taken a double dose of my magic potion (Lithium) and now I'll say that word that I'm having to use more and more these days (Sorry).

Sorry folks. 

Lithium....like a lithium battery?

Mike, I suffer from serious depression and I can so relate to how you must feel sometimes. However, I'm so tickled pink you're back!

44 minutes ago, KathieB said:

It's hard to discern facetious and sarcasm without context.  

Guess what, Kathie. I found out at the other forum I'm on (not a miniature forum) that even when you flat out tell people you aren't serious, they still don't get it! I started a for fun thread that should have been obvious it was sarcasm and I think it went to 8 pages. People took the first post seriously and even though I said at least 4 times that this thread was not a serious thread and I wanted people to have fun on it, only three people figured that out. Never doing that again!

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Guess what, Kathie. I found out at the other forum I'm on (not a miniature forum) that even when you flat out tell people you aren't serious, they still don't get it! I started a for fun thread that should have been obvious it was sarcasm and I think it went to 8 pages. People took the first post seriously and even though I said at least 4 times that this thread was not a serious thread and I wanted people to have fun on it, only three people figured that out. Never doing that again!

Yeah ... I tend to take the written word at face value. Jokes tend to lose something in the world wide web.

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Lithium....like a lithium battery?...

Lithium in miniscule amounts works on balancing the brain's neurotransmitters to stabilize the mood swings that characterize bipolar disorder.  It's also somewhat hepatotoxic, so regular blood tests are done to monitor levels in the liver.

You're in good company here Mike and no one is going to judge you.  We like you for who you are, "warts and all", as my daddy used to say.  You already have enough of a challenge dealing with biopolar disease (my brother is bipolar and his struggle can be heartbreaking sometimes), but with all your other health issues, you're allowed to have as many mini meltdowns as you like.  :-)   I know what it's like to be caught in a medical roller coaster that just won't stop, not even long enough to let you catch your breath for a second.  It's a horrid sense of disequilibrium. And the side effects of all the medications doesn't help at all.  In the past few years I've developed what I call "emotional incontinence" (a term that gave my doctor the giggles every time I used it) and will start crying over every little thing and always at the worst possible moment.  Try explaining to the pizza guy that you're not crying coz you're in trouble or sick.....it's just that puppy video on Facebook was so cute.  LOL!!   I have ups and downs with my ability to read comprehensively or reply with any shred of sense and that keeps me away a lot more than I'd like.   So yep, we understand around here and we'll always be around, happy to hang out with you whenever you feel like it.  

• Like 2

On September 25, 2016 at 12:50:06 PM, mikeuk said:

Have you ever asked yourself 'Now why the heck did I say that'. It's a question I put to myself more and more these days! A number of years ago I was diagnosed with a condition known as bipolar disorder and whilst that doesn't mean my toolbox is short a couple of spanners it does mean I'm prone to the occasional bout of erratic behaviour! Normally I'm quite full of the joys of a Spring day but there are occasions when all I see is black. I'm afraid right now is one of those dark times......hence the stunt that started this ridiculous thread!

I've restored my albums (Yet again) and I've taken a double dose of my magic potion (Lithium) and now I'll say that word that I'm having to use more and more these days (Sorry).

Sorry folks. 

Mike, just wants to say you are favorite. :) nothing more, nothing less....and I quoted you in the hopes that you will get a notification of this post. :)

Oh thank goodness. I've been away a while and when I found this thread I panicked that I wouldn't be able to see the amazing work Amy and I were discussing last weekend. So, thanks, welcome back, woohoo! :) Now I'm off to stalk peruse your galleries.

Well it's been the quietest week I've had for a long time........on the plus side I've managed to get a lot done on an Etsy order........minus side I think my wife was right when she said 'and don't say too much'! Ever since being diagnosed we've said little....even to close friends, even to family........especially to family.......We still value the Christmas cards and my BIL would think unkind thoughts!! So the popular consensus seems to be 'say nowt'!..........as they says in Yorkshire. However flying in the face of good advice I have already let 'Tibbles' out of the bag and whilst I'm not suggesting that this has upset anyone I'm thinking it might be a topic that folk might not like talking about!.......When I don't like talking about something I look away! If anyone feels this way then I would much rather disappear than make folk uncomfortable. Now I think this is me speaking rather than my less cognisant alter ego so do let me know!

1 hour ago, mikeuk said:

Well it's been the quietest week I've had for a long time........on the plus side I've managed to get a lot done on an Etsy order........minus side I think my wife was right when she said 'and don't say too much'! Ever since being diagnosed we've said little....even to close friends, even to family........especially to family.......We still value the Christmas cards and my BIL would think unkind thoughts!! So the popular consensus seems to be 'say nowt'!..........as they says in Yorkshire. However flying in the face of good advice I have already let 'Tibbles' out of the bag and whilst I'm not suggesting that this has upset anyone I'm thinking it might be a topic that folk might not like talking about!.......When I don't like talking about something I look away! If anyone feels this way then I would much rather disappear than make folk uncomfortable. Now I think this is me speaking rather than my less cognisant alter ego so do let me know!

Mike -- what happens on the forum stays on the forum. If you were here longer, you'd understand. Folks know this is a safe place. There is a lot of empathy, a fair amount of sympathy, and above all, acceptance of who we are, warts and all. If either you or your alter ego spouts nonsense or worse, we'll take it in stride. Don't make the mistake of assuming disappointment or discomfort or judgement on our part. We, too, can look away and not respond. Or there's always the Ignore feature to unleash if someone [not necessarily you - don't go reading anything into this] is really annoying.  

We're glad you're here. And I'm glad you've made progress on your Etsy order. Always nice to see somebody getting a positive financial return on an addiction. :D 

EDIT: Apparently I spoke too soon. I clicked on the Ignore Members feature on my Profile and got a message that the feature doesn't exists. It has been a while since I've had to ignore someone thanks to our moderators keeping track of trolls and other intruders. 

1 hour ago, mikeuk said:

Well it's been the quietest week I've had for a long time........on the plus side I've managed to get a lot done on an Etsy order ........

I'm glad you're back and feeling like yourself again. I wish I could join your team. Congrats on getting your shop orders in line.

As to a quiet week, perhaps on the forum but not in RL at least at my house. This adds up to why I'm not adding to the forum. Busy putting out wild fires at home tends to rob one of free time to do as one pleases.

Sometimes we aren't posting just because our lives are too full of crashing waves and spilling out every which way. Hard to scoop up the ocean with a teaspoon, I've discovered.

3 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Ignore that this in is a mikeuk box. Mike didn't say this. I can't get rid of the box from the response frame!

What I want to say is: Kelly, that your post makes my head hurt when I try to wrap my brain around it. Methinks it would even confuse Confucius. Or maybe I need a nap. :D