Portland, OR mini show this weekend!!

Elsbeth

Well, it is a relatively small (compared to the big big cities) but wonderful show. I have never been anywhere (until Portland) that even had a mini show, so I am thrilled.

I am sure the Seattle show has everything this one has and more...but I'm too lazy to go to Seattle. So I am so happy the Portland Show exists. It has grown over the years - but kept its wild and wide mix of dealers. Everyone is so friendly.

Well I spent 5 hours there on Saturday and it was fantastic. I saw the russian cardstock houses in person (gorgeous), Sir Thomas Thumb in person with a ton more of his stuff (AMAZING!), Checkmouse and her fantastic micro-scale houses and kits (I left with a lot of victorian kits including her floor samples), I met Bruce Plumb's widow (so nice!), chatted with Joan Ziegler (I'm a total fan!) and chatted with many other amazing artisans - saw wonderful vintage things, handmade tiny porcelain half scale victorian dolls, amazing German quarter scale wares, talked with some folks who brought a 3D printer and were making stoves and fridges with it...OMG so wonderful...I bought a lot of wonderful little things and I thought the prices were great. I love the Portland show. Will post some photos eventually. Just had to gush.

• Like 2