Has anyone built this house before?

Jennifer A

Hi all! I've been searching for my next build, a farmhouse. I don't have many preset requirements for it but the big one is a large porch. Found several that fit my wants. One is this house - http://www.miniaturemarketplace.com/VICTORIAN-GINGERBREAD-FARMHOUSE-P67168C3072.aspx - and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this house?

When I get interested in the laserdollhouses kits, I usually google for someone's blog where they talk about building it and how hard (or easy) it was. I have purchased a pre-made laserdollhouses house and it was lovely but looked quite intricate to build. A lot of trim and window bits.

I've built a laser cut dollhouse before - I just took a slightly damp paper towel and wiped all the ash off the edges.  I prefer them because there is much less sanding and I hate sanding.  It may be a consideration if you are staining pieces...the lasered edges may be darker, but everything else I primer first anyway with a good quality paint (I get the tester cans from Home Depot or Lowes), and it covers the darker edges no problem.  

This is from laser dollhouse designs.  I hadn't built this particular model, but I have 2 of the 1/4 inch doll houses.  They are FANTASTIC!  Everything fits perfectly and is beautifully done. I used primer over the slight laser marks, and this worked fine without needing to wipe them, but if I'd have tried it had I known beforehand.

Greenleaf's 1:24 Lighthouse is the only laser cut kit I have ever built, and since I was painting, not staining, I found that the primer covered the burned edges quite nicely.  I also found tht the parts fly together (no matter how intricate), so that all the bashing I had so carefully planned during the dry fit never happened!